Scientists Replaced 80 Percent Of A Butterfly Boy’s Skin

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Ted Richards, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Ted Richards

Ted Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Great story and also great news for science and the child. :)

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have a slightly different take on the matter. There are some 20,000 nerve endings per each square centimeter of skin. I cannot, nor do I believe anyone can fathom what that young child and the other children who are born like him each year in the world feel.

The condition isn't new and thousands upon thousands of children are and have been born for centuries with the same condition. What of them in the past? Were they ostracized as lepers or worse, destroyed as a curse?

The abominable pain they must feel while their epidermis blisters and peals at the slightest touch.
    The touch of a caring mother is impossible for a touch is as a punishment rather than that of a caress of love.

Oh, how wonderful to have such science and people bright and dedicated enough to treat such a horrendous affliction upon such a young child.
    They call it butterfly skin, but to me, with the cure the damaged skin is a mere chrysalis from which the real butterfly can emerge. But, of what cost............................