Searches & Promotion

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree, @Will Lawrence, the concept was one thing that attracted me. Plus, I'm 50+. If my mom had a computer and was comfortable, I'd invite her to join. She's not at all into electronics, though, so that will never happen. I enjoy the age range here, and we always find lots to talk about and share.

Will Lawrence likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I haven’t run the stats in awhile so I guess I’ll do that again. At this time, we have:
    • 329 members
    • 5,226 threads
    • 127,286 posts
    Our position in the three major search engines on common searches:

• Google: #1 on page one
    • Bing: #1 & 4 on page one
    • Yahoo: #1 & 4 on page one

• Google: #7 on page one
    • Bing: #7 on page one
    • Yahoo: #5 on page one

• Google: #5 on page one
    • Bing: #2 on page one
    • Yahoo: #2 on page one

3. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Well it sounds like the forum is keeping pace, so what else can you hope for really? I think that the discussions are great. It would be nice if people who dropped in to check it out would stay around, but like in chatrooms, it iprobably isn't everyone's cup of tea, or they get busy, and are not able to get here too often. Sometimes people just might find it and forget about it. Unless, a lot of outreach is done, they might
    just kind of fall off the radar.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'm pretty happy with the way things are going. There will be lows and highs, as far as the number of people who are participating, but as long as we're having fun here, it's good. From time to time, I advertise on Facebook, and that brings people here. They don't often join but it has people looking at it, anyhow. Plus, we're doing pretty okay in the search engines so anyone looking for a seniors forum will find us. We won't be the first one they'll see on the list but we'll likely be on the first page, which isn't bad considering we've only been around for a year and a half.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Well we're doing a lot better than that other forum that's been around a few years. They might have a few more posting members but it's a bore.

They have a lot of lurkers and people who's name is at the bottom as being online but they won't say a word all day.

6. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I found this forum from a post on "that other forum"

I found that particular forum with an internet search because I was sick of the young know it all types I was encountering on a forum I would go to.

I'm not sure what I put in Google but I think it was over 50 forum. I could have put in senior but I don't think so.