Self-driving Cars

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You're all probably aware of self-driving cars, as some of these are already in use, and Uber is talking about a self-driving car service rather than paying people to drive others. One car company, Tesla, I think, is promising that all of their cars will be equipped with this technology by next year, which doesn't mean that it will be enabled, given that they are not legal in most places yet.

People who have done the math are suggesting that the chances of accidents would go down by as much as 90%, and to 100% if all cars on the road were self-driving.

What I am not hearing is the very thing that comes to my mind immediately, because It fits in with the agenda that you've heard me talk about often in this forum.

The authors of the agenda, actually a series of UN agendas, view the fact that common people are able to travel long distances as a bad thing. They wouldn't phrase it this way, but they believe that only the elite should be able to travel easily.

They want the rest of us to be self contained within our communities, and they would like these communities to be massive multi-family buildings in which all of our needs are available, such as food, shopping, entertainment, medical care, etc.

Even such seemingly good ideas, such as buying locally and eating local foods, are promoted by the purveyors of the agenda as a means in which this can be implemented.

Traffic patterns are often changed, not to make travel more efficient, but to make it less desirable, but mostly they have worked through economics, using tolls, gasoline taxes and a large number of associated taxes, as well as the manipulation of the price of oil, gasoline, and diesel. It doesn't matter what new technologies might become available, such as electric. While they might promote the use of electric cars as a way of getting the gasoline and diesel cars off the road, once a significant part of the population is in an electric car, the costs of charging your batteries will soon equal or exceed the cost of gasoline, particularly when you factor in the new taxes that some states have already implemented on the number of miles driven.

I see self-driving cars as being the final solution as far as this agenda is concerned. Only the very wealthy will be able to afford a self-driving car. Once there are enough self-driving cars on the road to generate the statistics, they will use statistics showing that self-driving cars are safer than human-driven cars to make it more and more difficult for people who are still in human-driven cars.

I envision traffic lanes for self-driven cars only, making the roads for the rest of us more congested, and travel more difficult. Any accident involving a self-driven car versus a human-driven car will be eventually be decided in favor of the self-driven car. Eventually, as the number of people driving their own cars has decreased sufficiently, they will be made altogether illegal.

In getting to that place, there might be a brief period of time in which there will be a push for more affordable self-driven cars, but that would be only long enough to decrease the political power of those humans who are still driving their own cars.

The end game, as far as travel is concerned, will be that only the rich, the elite, and the politically connected will have easy access to travel.

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I saw on the news that also showed a video not to long ago that one of Uber's self driving cars actually ran a red light which caused quite a ruckus about the safety of these cars. There was no accident fortunely because there were no other cars coming through the green light when the Uber car ran the red light. But those in charge at Uber refused to "own up" to their mistake even though it was clearly shown on video. And I would certainly not like it if one of those self driving cars caused me to have an accident!

Even though I don't want someone dictating whether I can travel or not, I clearly do not like traffic congestion and do appreciate having everything I need close to me so that I can avoid that as much as possible. I appreciate this even more the older I get. At my age I don't think the "end game" will be a problem for me....I probably won't even be here if it comes to that.

3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

This concept of self-driving cars, as far as is employed for commercial usage i.e., taxicabs, is dubious at best. IMO.

4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

This idea of giving up your control over your life is bad news. All these people that have an accidental death when they are about to speak out against the elites or have information dangerous to the static quo. Who it be nice if the people at the top had a kill switch for anyone they don’t like, like a self driving car? I will never give control to a person who I can not trust.

Joe Riley likes this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

It won't be just travel - it will be where you are allowed to live too, it's happening over here already

Ken Anderson likes this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

What is happening over there @Patsy Faye that is affecting where you live?

7. Patsy Faye

Registered

LONDON - the Capital. The generations of Londoners are now on the decline
    It will be very difficult now to find a 'true' Londoner
    They have had to move out, as their way of life has been taken over by the very wealthy and immigrants
    The wealthy buy up the properties, adding to the size and selling them for millions !
    A normal Joe cannot afford to live in London now :(
    I watched 2 programmes on this, and I was heartbroken to see and hear my lovely people so sad to leave

@Babs Hunt

8. Ken Anderson

Yeah, that's happening here too. It begins with campaigns to establish a national park, or some environmental cause, possibly to revitalize an area, or some other goal that actually gets the support of some local people. But when it's all done, the locals find that they can no longer afford to live there.

We're going through that here. After they managed to close down most of the paper and lumber industries in Maine, Millinocket was left without its only large employer, the paper company, which paid three-fourths of the town's taxes, and indirectly supported many of its other businesses. That didn't just happen. It was part of a long-term campaign.

If your town or region has ever held a "vision session" or something with a similar name, where they put together a group of local people (for some reason, 87 is a common number used) to decide what they want their community to look like in twenty years, thirty years, or fifty years. The facilitators are using what is known as the Delphi Technique to manipulate people into thinking that what they finally come up with are their goals, and many of them never noticed that they were being manipulated the whole time.

That was the political fight that I have mentioned having been involved with here. I was able to find that many of the things that members of the vision committee were sure had been their ideas had actually been decided upon before they held their first meeting.

Pretending to be the head of a fake environmental group, I was able to get a map of the walking trails that our vision committee thought they had decided upon, which had been published by one of the facilitating groups more than a month before the local vision committee had even assembled.

You may not have been involved when Local Agenda 21 came to your town or region, but if your town web site has a statement referring to your town as a great place to live, work and play, those are buzzwords indicating that it's been done. Another part of a Local Agenda 21 implementation are the Main Street programs that are popping up everywhere.

When we began the fight here, the Agenda 21 folks had a unanimous vote on our town council. Most of these council members were pawns who didn't know what they were supporting. I persuaded the chairman of our town council, who is now our town manager, by showing him copies of "vision statements" from all over the world that carried almost the same wording as the "vision statement" supposedly written by our vision committee.

I know this is off-topic so I won't go into any more detail. If there is any interest, I'll move this post to another thread and discuss it further.

It's not entirely off-topic however, because the premise of this thread was the driverless cars are one step toward the Agenda 21 goals. If they can keep us from traveling and control both the news we hear and our social media, they can get us to believe anything. That leaves them in charge, and we can be sure they don't have our interests in mind.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    Yvonne Smith and Patsy Faye like this.
  9. Patsy Faye

Registered

That's the way it is Ken, no doubt about that - same here
    I applaud your endeavours, up till a few years back, I was the same as you, the hard part was getting
    people to 'see' what we can plainly see !

10. Ken Anderson

Yes, all the pretty places will belong to the wealthy and the elite, while the average person will be stuck in multi-family dwellings in the city, and may be a few locals to sell trinkets to the tourists, and to work in the restaurants.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    Patsy Faye likes this.
  11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Do you think driverless cars will work out ?
    I just cannot see how and I would be very nervous getting into one, it really is beyond my comprehension

12. Ken Anderson

At some point, roads will be built just for driverless cars, and these will be the focus of the bulk of our road maintenance funds. Since the ultimate goal is for the elite to be the only ones able to travel, driving your own car will be considered a liability. Where driverless cars share the road with human drivers, the driverless car will be considered to be in the right whenever there is an accident. In the end, only those who can afford a driverless car will be able to own their own mode of transportation, while others will be relegated to public transportation.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  13. Patsy Faye

Registered

I hope I'm looking down from above when that happens