Senator Ben Sasse On Congressional Power

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ken Anderson, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Senator Ben Sasse (R-NE) takes time out from screaming paid protestors at the Senate confirmation hearings to give a very good explanation of one of the main problems we have with our government today.

The video is the interesting part, but it won't embed here as a video.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/09/...ation-hearing-ben-sasse-reacts-special-report

Bobby Cole and Frank Sanoica like this.
  2. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

To be fair i'm a bit reluctant to reply as I am English and don't understand the thought process of the American political system and your suprem court

But on Y tube did watch the arrest of 70 protesters and was disgusted by their actions as well as some elected Democunts at the hearing

Thanks for the link and as to my way of thinking they are just two face scum sort of people just trying to justfie their reasons,but way do they bother when they announced that they will rejected the person anyway before anything was said for or against was heard at the inqurie to justifie yea or nay

Thanks for the link does show some sanity by some.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

@Tom Galty the politics here is very divisive at the moment. Trump was elected in part because he was willing to fight the Establishment, and the Establishment is fighting back with any weapon they can find. If Obama had been treated anything like how Trump has been treated by the media or the politicians, it would have been a scandal. Somehow, attacking Trump and trying to revoke the results of an election by the people is now okay. A coup is being attempted. I don't know what the outcome will be. I suspect it will be determined by the outcome of the November election.

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Sasse did indeed give a civics class regarding what the three branches of government are supposed to be and do but at the same time told us what the reality is.

For me, it was a refreshing speech and one that confirms my own beliefs but still troubling.
    Congress forgets what they are supposed to be doing and have also forgotten what the Judiciary is supposed to do. Congress is supposed to make law but has thrown it upon the shoulders of the Judiciary which is idiotic.
    The Supreme Court only interprets the law and cannot make law but rather interprets the constitutionality of that law.
    When neither is being performed it then forces the executive branch, which is supposed to enforce the rule of law, to make law which is also idiotic.

It is really time for the American people to start understanding what OUR job is: to make sure that all elected parties are firmly aware of what their job is and what we hire them to do and then insist that they do it.
    The problem is that MOST Americans do not have a clue as to what the 3 branches of government are supposed to do and to tell the truth, congress prefers to have it that way.

In a perfect governmental structure, there is no need for Democrats nor Republicans because congress is supposed to represent the whole of the American people and not some section of it such as ensampled by lobbyists who congress presently answers to because of financial gains.
    Let’s face it. The likes of Maxine Waters comes to mind who entered into congress nearly butt broke but now lives a life of total luxury.

Don Alaska and Tom Galty like this.
  5. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

Sorry about this comment but I weep for America …But think America as an old British says is "Up a Creek with out a paddle"

Why does a Democrat with others on both Isles who are investigating a Person nominated to the Supreme Court but then this Domocrate on the commitee who had recieaved a letter off some leftie nutter which started that the Candidate abused her when she was 15 and he was 17.... 36 years ago so Why did she not bring this up at the hearings but only after the hearings had finished and they were losing the vote did she release this letter.

Be interesting on Nov the 6th if the house changes as all the leftie wing press are saying.

Hopefully I think that the Repubs will hold on.

But am buying a lot of Popcorn.

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

To me, it isn’t so much a civilian’s attempt to defame a candidate for the Supreme Court as it is that a Sitting Senator who submitted eleventh hour information and charges when she had had at least 1600 earlier occasions which she could have submitted them.

Anyone can charge and sue anyone in this country and it goes without saying that it happens every day. But again, for a sitting Senator, who is supposed to be an instrument regarding the rule of law and a representative of those laws to hold onto said information for days for political gain is beyond ethical limits bridging upon moral turpitude.

Feinstein, Waters, Pelosi and others are pretty much joined at the hip and have absolutely no business in politics because of their joint unethical behavior. The people who elected them do not realize that their own character is being represented by someone who is totally unscrupulous and full of deceit. A mirror image as it were.........

7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Maxine Waters is just dumb, but Pelosi is getting anile, and Feinstein is just a crook. The Democrats assume that voters are greedy and stupid; that is what I dislike about them the most. They seem to assume that if they keep taking from the most successful and ambitious people and giving to the masses, the voters will continue to vote for them. There are devious and deceitful people on both sides of the aisle, but only the Dems take for granted that their base is ill-informed, uneducated and dull. It seems to work for them many times, but talk radio and the internet makes it more difficult for them. They pretty much control the MSM and the Educational establishment, and that has given them success in the past. We will just have to wait until November to see how stupid and gullible the American electorate is.

Tom Galty and Ken Anderson like this.