Seniors Community Centre Anyone?

Discussion in 'Retirement & Leisure' started by Ann George, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Neville Telen

Neville Telen Well-Known Member
    Registered

I went to the local senior center for an appointment with a HICAP counselor to decide which drug insurance to take. I stuck around a little after the appointment. Kinda depressing. Many my age or even younger needing a cane to walk, or a walker, or a wheelchair. I had a hard life, and thought I was bad off, but compared to them I'm in great shape.

I know they have classes there. Someone was wanting me to join the Tai Chi Chih (a simplified form of Tai Chi) class, so I suspect there are other classes, but I'm not real into it. Now that I got my home PC, I'm looking forward to being a recluse. Those wanting classes can look into the local adult school, and community colleges often have cheap classes you can 'audit'.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Zoe Gregerson

Zoe Gregerson New Member
    Registered

Ann, this is what I use to find all of my senior needs -- http://nvseniorguide.com ... check to see if there is something like this in your area :)

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Moderator Registered

@Zoe Gregerson, welcome to the forum. I hope you will find other topics here to be of interest, and join in on our discussions.

Yvonne Smith likes this.