Shots Fired At Trump Rally In Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Yvonne Smith, Jul 13, 2024.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Trump campaign, RNC say convention in Milwaukee will ‘proceed’ after rally shooting, Trump looks forward to joining

"Trump’s campaign and the Republican National Committee say the party’s convention in Milwaukee this week will “proceed” after the rally shooting."

“President Trump looks forward to joining you all in Milwaukee as we proceed with our convention to nominate him to serve as the 47th President of the United States,” said Trump campaign advisers Susie Wiles and Chris LaCivita and Republican National Committee Chair Michael Whatley and co-chair Lara Trump in a statement.

"The convention is set to open Monday."

Tony Page and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Here’s a look at how U.S. and world leaders are reacting
    By GARY FIELDS

"Notable leaders of all political stripes are repudiating political violence, praising the fast action of the Secret Service and expressing gratitude that the presumptive Republican presidential nominee appears to be OK."

"They include former Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama, as well as Senators, House representatives, governors and mayors. Foreign presidents and prime ministers. Billionaire Elon Musk, and the National Rifle Association."

"Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., said he spoke to his father on the phone and “he is in great spirits.” “He will never stop fighting to save America, no matter what the radical left throws at him,” Trump Jr. said in a statement."

3. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Good to see you Joe, and thank you for all the updates! I don't get cable news, but my sister texted me and told me what happened today. Trumps a hero in my eyes, and don't give a crap about those that "don't like him" but call themselves conservatives, or Republicans.

Tony Page and Joe Riley like this.
  4. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm afraid I can't put it past many, that will be coming out against what happened today, to not be behind the assassination attempt. They all want to "look good" don't they but God knows who they are even if we can't bring them to justice.

Joe Riley likes this.
  5. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Denise Evans likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That video is included in the Candace Owens video I posted earlier. He tried to get the attention of the police and Secret service three or four minutes before the shooting.

7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Photo Appears to Capture Path of Bullet Used in Assassination Attempt

[​IMG]
    An annotated photo showing what appears to be a projectile passing by Donald J. Trump during a rally in Butler, Pa., on Saturday.Credit...Doug Mills/The New York Times

Though he was quickly surrounded and whisked to safely by his security team, he uttered the defiant words: "Fight, fight, fight, fight."
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2024
  8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

It appears to me that a counter-sniper spotted the assassin on a nearby roof and repositioning, shot at him just before the bullet grazed President Trump. (Video on X) His action may have prevented a direct head shot. (or Trump turning his head)

10. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

[​IMG]
    Thomas Matthew Crooks was killed on Saturday by a special forces sniper

"The FBI has named the man who shot Donald Trump as Thomas Matthew Crooks, a 20-year-old registered Republican from Pennsylvania."

"Crooks was reportedly wearing a t-shirt bearing the emblem of a pro-gun Youtube channel when he was killed on Saturday by a special forces sniper after firing three shots at the former US president."

"One shot grazed Trump’s ear, spraying blood across his face. A man sitting behind Trump was shot and died and two other people were badly injured."

"Law enforcement officials said on Saturday that Crooks carried no identification to the site of the shooting and had to be identified using other methods."

"We're looking at photographs right now and we're trying to run his DNA and get biometric confirmation," Kevin Rojek, FBI special agent in charge, said during a press briefing.
    USA Today reported that dozens of law enforcement vehicles were stationed outside a residence listed at the address on Crooks' voter registration record. Agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were on the scene and a bomb squad was at the residence, USA Today reported."

Mary Stetler and Bobby Cole like this.
  11. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

‘Horrifying’: American media trying to ‘both-sides’ Trump's attempted assassination

Denise Evans and Tony Page like this.
  12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I am not surprised this happened, but was totally uncalled for. Regardless of what side your own - the media, and Trump will play this out in full. Meaning- guess who just won the election ?

Tony Page likes this.
  13. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Good compilation of the news Joe Riley.

Yvonne Smith, Joe Riley and Tony Page like this.
  14. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

15. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

On Fox News this morning.
    Brian Kilmeade from Fox News had a conversation with Dana White president of the UFC a few weeks ago, BK said Dana White who sees the toughest men in the world face to face everyday said "Barring none DonaldTrump is the toughtest guy of all of them" BK followed with "this proves it."

Ed Wilson and Denise Evans like this.