Shots Fired At Trump Rally In Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Yvonne Smith, Jul 13, 2024.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The NY Times is posting conspiracy theories that Trump & Putin set this up, and "No one is asking the question."

Along the same lines of scummy publications who make their livings under Constitutional protections:

2024-07-14_11_43_59-Home___X-3266983.jpg

Attached Files:

2. John Brunner

From The Daily Mail
    July 14, 2024
    11:00PM

Trump insists 'I’m supposed to be dead' in first interview since assassination attempt as he opens up on the decision that saved his life, why he raised his fist and yelled 'fight' and how he wanted to carry on speaking.

Daily Mail 1.jpg
    Donald Trump has given his first in-depth interview after miraculously surviving an assassination attempt at his Pennsylvania rally Saturday, insisting 'I'm supposed to be dead'.

Trump revealed how turning his head away from the crowd to look at a video screen may have saved his life at the Butler, Pennsylvania rally and how he wanted to keep talking after gunman Thomas Matthew Crooks struck him in the right ear.

He said Sunday: 'I rarely look away from the crowd. Had I not done that in that moment, well, we would not be talking today, would we?' Trump noted that he had turned slightly to the right so that he could read a chart on illegal immigrants.

'The most incredible thing was that I happened to not only turn but to turn at the exact right time and in just the right amount,' he added, saying he survived 'by luck or by God'.

Daily Mail 2.jpg
    'If I only half-turn, it hits the back of the brain. The other way goes right through [my skull]. And because the sign was high, I'm looking up. The chances of my making a perfect turn are probably one tenth of one percent, so I'm not supposed to be here.' 'I'm not supposed to be here, I'm supposed to be dead,' Trump told the New York Post. 'I'm supposed to be dead.'

'Because the thing was an eighth of an inch away. That I would turn exactly at that second, where he [the gunman] wouldn't stop the shot is pretty amazing. Pretty amazing. I'm really not supposed to be here.' Trump turned his head at the vital moment and ended up with a bloody ear. He was hustled off stage by his Secret Service detail, but not before giving his supporters a clenched fist salute.

The former president addressed the now-iconic moment where he raised his fist and mouthed 'fight' to the stunned audience. 'A lot of people say it's the most iconic photo they've ever seen,' Trump said. 'They're right and I didn't die. Usually you have to die to have an iconic picture.'

Daily Mail 3.jpg
    He said he wanted his fans to know he was alright 'and that America goes on, we go forward, that we are strong.' 'The energy coming from the people there in that moment, they just stood there; it's hard to describe what that felt like, but I knew the world was looking. I knew that history would judge this, and I knew I had to let them know we are OK,' Trump added.

'I said, I've got to walk out, I have to walk out,' Trump said during his flight to Milwaukee, according to the Examiner. 'I did not want to be carried out. I've seen people being carried out, and it's not good. And I had no problem with walking.'

Trump was full of praise for his adoring audience, citing how they reacted to the situation.
    'A lot of places, especially soccer games, you hear a single shot, everybody runs. Here there were many shots and they stayed. I love them. They are such great people.'

Trump accepted Joe Biden's phone call after the shooting, calling it 'fine' and saying the president was 'very nice.' He added that the 'reality is just setting in' with him regarding the shooting and the chaotic aftermath. Trump pointed to his nose and said they killed Crooks 'with one shot right between the eyes.'

Despite the controversy over the Secret Service for allowing the shooting to happen, he praised the speed and strength of his security.

more...

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

A member of Congress with sniper and security experience on the Trump attempted assassination. For anyone to propose that Trump set this up on himself is asinine.

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

From Maxine Waters telling her followers to attack Trump’s cabinet wherever they can be found to the left wing media’s evil rhetoric to Joe Biden painting a verbal target on the back of Trump, does anyone really wonder why the assassination attempt happened?

To me, anyone calling themself a “journalist” should KNOW how much power they wield when they speak or write on a public format so for people to place the full blame on Crooks for the attempt on Trump’s life is a highly misguided attitude.

Yes, he was the guy with the weapon and pulled the trigger but it takes a special kind of mindset which I am fully convinced that not only did the media (and Biden) put the seed there but watered it and fertilized it until he was convinced that killing Trump would be heralded as a just action.

I will stand behind the 1st amendment rights of any citizen but when those rights are skewed to create harm to another individual, I do believe those speaking should be held just as culpable for a wrong doing as the person who took action because of that speech.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2024
  5. John Brunner

The media immediately came out and said that Republicans need to "dial back the rhetoric."

6. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

Like the comparison to the Arch Bishop of Canterbury

Don Alaska likes this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

So, that which is written or spoken to convince people of the truth rather than that which is aped throughout the left wing media complex of commentariat opinion has to be adjusted to the bare minimum?

It seems that wrongful rhetoric is fed to the people by the shovel fulls whilst the truth has to be consumed sparingly as if it will somehow run out if we use too much.
    Or perhaps the truth is like Scotch to some in which the taste for it has to be acquired by taking it in small doses at first?

In truth, the media wanted Trump gone by whatever means, a shooter tried to grant that wish and when it didn’t happen they are dismayed by that failure.

8. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you John, so much, this was such a wonderful read, and I felt so much of my hate and dislike melt away listening to President Trump, all of what he said. I had a good cry for him living through this, and especially for the man that was killed and his family/loved ones. It's a day I'll never forget because I know that it was God that saved him, and changed my heart. I can only hope it stays that way. I am standing with Trump because he always says how I feel, and what I want, but I honestly didn't want to join with the left and be United until he spoke through this article. Thank again, I'm passing it onto some folks that may not get to read it, and wouldn't get his whole interview with the lady-reporter. PS It was pretty amazing how his supporters didn't run, in fact I saw some standing searching the crowd for the gunman. My heart breaks for that young man that is so troubled by the things of this world that he resorts to killing someone he thinks in his mind will fix things for himself.

John Brunner and Tom Galty like this.
  9. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

It's too bad they still think they are God, they don't see that this, I believe, is God's plan, an answer to the millions of prayers, to help America. Only God works miracles, and we have one for sure. I hope we don't forget this day.
    Edit:
    Hate for others has all but destroyed me, I hated this forum, I hated the Left, I even shook my fist at God. I hated people everywhere, the least little thing set me off. God has used all this to bring me back to my senses, yes, I once had some.

I pray for our country today, I thank God for saving President Trump. I know that we still have to fight, sadly, but I know there is something else that invades people's heart and it is pure evil.

I don't want to give it access to my heart anymore. Yes, we have to stand up for what is right, sometimes I need a reminder of what I use to believe was right, and now, this whole thing has reminded me of what, I believe, is right. There's a time to fight, but fight fair, fight smart. I truly believe this is the chance for America to survive all the hatred, a God-given chance.

I don't believe the enemy is other people, it is something/someone that comes into our hearts when we haven't filled them with the love of God. I don't want to be a martyr, and I won't ever be a perfect christian, no one completely human has ever been perfect.

I'll keep praying because more than just the prayers I've spoken out loud, have been answered. I pray for healing in our country, and the world while I'm at it.

John Brunner likes this.
  10. John Brunner

We have no idea what external influences may have been exerted on the kid.

11. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

In my mind, it all boils down to the individual Having strong enough will and mind, To know the difference between right and wrong.
    If somebody told me to rob a bank, because I'd have plenty of money to spend, I think I know right from wrong.
    But there are those out there who become obsessed With ideology, They know right from wrong, But just don't care.
    There will always be evil forces out there
    Whether it be politics, cults, or what have you, that will prey on the weak minded.

Ken Anderson and John Nopales like this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

For anyone living under a rock and not believing that the MSM creates spin on news events, check out this headline from USA Today.

upload_2024-7-15_11-7-5.png

"Loud noise startles former president??????" What the actual hell.

13. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Another one from CNN, that they rush Trump offstage after he falls.
    Also, people are wondering why CNN suddenly decided to carry this particular rally on live TV when they normally do not televise Trump rallies……. Good question .

IMG_6747.jpeg

15. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

John Nopales likes this.