Should Ilhan Omar Be Stoned?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Shirley Martin, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

It's in the news that she was allegedly having an illicit affair with Tim Mynett. Sharia law prescribes stoning for adulterers.

"Islamic law (Sharia) requires that adulterers be put to death, since it was the example set by Muhammad. Verses from the sahih (authentic) hadith let us know that the caliphs following Muhammad carried on the tradition of stoning (al-Tirmidhi 1431, Sunan Ibn Majah 20:2553, Sahih Bukhari 82:803).

In practice, women are executed far more often than men, since they are presumed to bear the burden of sexual responsibility (in Islam's male-dominated outlook) and are, perhaps, more likely to confess their indiscretion. Rape victims are sometimes convicted if they speak out. Reporting a rape can mean a confession of adultery under Sharia law if four male witnesses cannot be found to confirm the victim's claim.

Unable to get around the fact that stoning adulterers is very much a part of Islam, apologists typically travel the familiar path of claiming that Christianity is no different. They are wrong. Not only is the Old Testament rule of stoning anyone explicitly done away with by the example of Jesus (see John 8:1-11, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone") but the episode itself is proof that Christianity is not under the same law as Islam.
    While many Muslims today find the practice distasteful, there is simply no arguing against the fact that killing grown adults for consensual sex is firmly rooted in Islamic theology. In fact, according to a recent fatwa, merely denying that adultery is appropriate grounds for stoning adulterers is a sign of apostasy."

Then there is this:

"On Tuesday, news broke of a divorce filing from a prominent left-wing Democrat who claimed her husband had been having a months-long affair with Omar. Beth Jordan Mynett claimed her husband, Tim Mynett, who is a prominent political consultant who worked for Omar's campaign, left her for Omar in April. "The parties physically separated on or about April 7, 2019, when Defendant told Plaintiff that he was romantically involved with and in love with another woman, Ilhan Omar," the divorce filing said.
    Meet Tim Mynett, a Democrat strategist from Minnesota who has been cheating on his wife with Ilhan Omar and he declared his shocking declaration of love for Omar."

One has to wonder what the outcome of all this will be. Will she be stoned to death as prescribed in Sharia law? Will she become an outcast? Will she renounce her Muslin religion? I don't see how she can continue to call herself a Muslim while not obeying the laws of Islam.

Bess Barber and Tom Galty like this.
  2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Of course not. Sharia law has been Americanized, just like European law was Americanized when
    white settlers first arrived. The Puritans said enough is enough for gads sake. Henceforth, the law
    shall be. And it was so. And so it shall be with Sharia law. She shall not be stoned but exalted.

Bess Barber likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I can't keep up with her "story." Wasn't she supposedly married to her brother or something?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Although I have no definite proof nor wish to throw rocks, I truly believe she has been stoned many times before which probably leads up to her apparent promiscuous activities.

Joe Riley likes this.
  5. Ann Leonard

Ann Leonard Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

“Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” - John 8:7

Should Ihan Omar be punished for her actions? Absolutely, but remove her from office, or better yet remove her from the USA

Bess Barber likes this.
  6. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I'll wait for the constituents in her Congressional district to figure out the truth and decide.

Bill Boggs and Bess Barber like this.
  7. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

I will just go about my life unfazed and unconcerned about what some one else does in their personal life. None of my business!

Bill Boggs likes this.
  8. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Being an American citizen, she falls under our laws and culture, not whatever is the norm in a mid eastern country. I think if all politicians who committed adultery were dismissed from office, there would be a whole lot of job vacancies. :D I wouldn't fry, or stone, her for that while in or out of office.

I do, however, feel the allegations of misappropriations of funds regarding paying expenses for her lover out of tax coffers, should be addressed and dealt with.

Shirley Martin likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Unless it's some Republican. :rolleyes:

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Yeah, and I'd like to know about the supposed income tax fraud with her two "husbands."

Bess Barber likes this.
  11. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bess Barber , I absolutely agree about politicians and adultery. If we removed all the fornicators from Congress, the building would be like an echo chamber. If we removed all the fornicators from Washington, DC, it would become a ghost town.

So I'm not condemning her for the affair, I'm just wondering how her fellow Muslims will feel about it. As I understand it, they are very strict about enforcing Sharia law. I know she will not be stoned here in the US because murder is against the law. But if she were to travel to, let's say, Iran, what would be the outcome?

Her constituency is mostly Muslim. Will they vote for her next election, you think?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  12. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I seriously doubt it. Even with murder illegal, doesn't mean it won't happen. Look at the nuts who have killed their own daughters because of breaking 'laws'. I don't think they even care if they go to prison because they are sure they are doing the right thing. She has tread on some dangerous grounds. If I were her, I would resign and go hide out in another location.

13. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Looks to me like she is doing what billions of adulterer have done since the beginning of time. Of course I throw feces like a monkey if it’s a republican.
    That is the whole point of the thread isn’t it? Thro crap when it’s the other guy dog,deflect defend and rationalize when it’s my dog