Should Trump Choose A Different Vice-president In 2020?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

My husband and I were having this discussion earlier today. Personally I don't see much "value add" with Pence and he'd be a sorry president to my (somewhat limited) knowledge. Do you think Trump should choose a different running mate, and why or why not?

2. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Trump sort of needs Pence to keep the support of the evangelical voters. They trust him and know him to be a man of his word. They like Trump as a leader, but find it hard to overlook his somewhat brash statements. Pence smooths all that out. Trump wouldn't probably do well speaking in evangelical rallies or at the various Christian colleges or doing interviews in their publications. Pence comes to the rescue for him. He balances it all out. It's possible the rest of the USA isn't aware of the huge amount of viewers of Christian TV and magazines.

Example: https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christ...dges-u-s-support-for-north-korean-christians/

3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I like Vice-president Pence. I think he is doing a good job as VP. Keep him.

4. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I certainly hope he gets a more sedate running mate...that Veep he's got now is a loud, raging tyrant!

Hal

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that Pence has been a loyal, effective Vice President, which isn't what I had expected when he was first named, as he had always been more of an establishment kind of Republican. I think he does a good job of balancing some of Trump's eccentricities, lending a calming effect. So no, I would see no reason to replace him with someone else.

Babs Hunt, Maggie Mae and Tom Galty like this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I think Trump and Pence balance each other beautifully...so why mess with something that doesn't need fixing. :)