Singing To Your Favorite Songs?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Do you ever sing to music you know, when you hear it playing?

When there is a concert on PBS, that we like, we will. Wife loves singing to some Oldies she knows and definitely to Motown tunes. Sometimes she will even jump up out of her recliner and dance. I think it's cute as heck.
    Since I'm the "Rocker"/former drummer, of the family, when I hear Classic Rock playing, I will get my hands/arms going like I'm playing a full set of Ludwig drums again. Wife loves it. And, I also know some of the words as well.

2. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

oh all the time when im in car the vol wide open i am the king !!! :)

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Love those tv concerts especially of the golden oldies as they are called. From 60's to 90's music is so great. I listen to KKOL locally here in Hawaii and they play music I love to hear. http://1079koolgold.com/ on the net. My foot just can't keep still when I'm listening to kkol on the radio...got KORL another oldies radio station was playing at my dentist office of all places and I like the music too. Just like when we were young we had 2 competing stations KPOI and KORL and here they are again just one change KPOI is like KKOL. Wonderful music!

K E Gordon and Patsy Faye like this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh yes - music is 'soul' food .............

Holly Saunders likes this.
  5. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh yeah, I am a big radio cranker upper and singer a longer. I am really looking forward to the show that is coming on later this summer that is going to be featuring oldies tunes and some of the original groups will be playing them as well. I know one of the groups that is supposed to be on is Foreigner. I think it is going to be an awesome show, and I will be singing and toe tapping all night, no doubt! I listen to classic rock on the radio..and some you can't help singing to.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I used to sing a lot; but not so much anymore. When the kids were growing up, we would all sing together in the car when we were going somewhere, and we all enjoyed that singing. Sometimes, we sang along with songs on the radio, and sometimes, we just sang songs that we knew and enjoyed.
    When I have the headphones on and am listening to music, sometimes I do still sing along, and I love to do that; but then I remember that it is disturbing Bobby.
    When he starts giving me looks (even with his headphones on) then I realize that I am singing along way too loud, and I either stop or tone it down.
    However, if I am out working in the yard, then I can sing without disturbing anyone, and the flowers don't seem to mind my singing at all.

K E Gordon and Holly Saunders like this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

When talking about "loud/blasting" music and, of course, singing to it, I remember.........

The time we were leaving an AFA football game in Colorado Springs. We were driving down the street, just outside of the stadium and I slipped a CD into the player in our old 4-Runner. The song, Another One Bites The Dust (Queen) came on and I definitely turned it up. With all windows wide open, wife and I were really rockin'! Some folks drove by us and gave us the "thumbs up" approval of what they were hearing...........loved that!

When we are on our boat, the old CD Player is cranking while cruising the water and tied up at the downtown dock. Styx, Boston, ZZ Top, Foreigner, Heart, Steppenwolf and on and on, plus some Motown. One of my wife's favorite songs is Joan Jett's, I Love Rock and Roll. She also love Bon Jovi's, Livin' On A Prayer, and Journey's, Don't Stop Believin'.

Oh yea, we've got a "Rockin'" household here!

8. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't sing near as much as i used to. But when certain songs come on the radio, i just have to sing. For example, All I Want For Christmas is You is a song that i just can't keep my mouth closed. The song makes me want to let it all hang out!

Holly Saunders and Patsy Faye like this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

One of my favorite songs popped into my head today as we were driving down the road to Sam's Club for our monthly expedition around their club for the groceries we stock up on.
    So......(here is a secret )we have discovered how utterly delicious Sam's apple pies are, and once a month, we treat ourselves to one of those apple pies.
    Well, with thoughts of apple pie in my mind, it was not a long step to start singing this song.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  10. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I sing all the time... Music is my passion... I sing around the house even when there's no music playing..and I sing along to the radio, youtube, folk concerts ..everything..

My o/h says he always knows when I'm not feeling well because I'm not singing... but even when I'm poorly I play music just to make me feel better even tho' I don't feel like singing ..

11. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't sing anymore.

12. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

So true, in fact you've brought a tear to me eye
    I would sing everyday, but I haven't sang a note for years :(
    You've made me realise 'why' ................... I still put the music on though, couldn't get by without it .

Holly Saunders and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My Honey and I have a karaoke machine with two microphones and when we're in the mood...we put our favorite CD's on and sing along with our favorite artists. It's fun to do duets together too. :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh yes ..do sing a long with me tunes...provided no one else is listening:p

15. Yvonne Smith

When I was growing up, my mom and dad used to sing together, and especially when we went somewhere in the car , and we would all sing. I enjoyed the singing as much as I did the trip.
    After I had children of my own, we also traveled a lot and all sang together in the car. The kids grew up singing Johnny Cash, Jim Reeves, Harry Belafonte, Kris Kristofferson, Johnny Horton, and more.
    Now, my kids are grown, my oldest son is at an age where he would be able to join this forum if he wanted, but he also sang along with his two sons, so the tradition has been carried on.

Here is a new (old) song that he just recorded and put on Youtube today. The pictures are one that he took , mostly from the Bonners Ferry area; but a few from other parts of Idaho, and also pictures of my grandsons.

I hope you enjoy this song as much as I did when I played it just now......

Ina I. Wonder and Ken Anderson like this.