Sisters...

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Babs Hunt, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I've been blessed with 5 sisters (and 3 brothers). This morning I'm thinking of one of my sisters because although we are not twins, we do share the same Birthday. We were both born on February 25th but 5 years apart. Today's a special birthday for us both because I am now 65 years old and she is 60. :) This is the two of us at our beach Condo last year. Sisters can be very special people in our lives and I have been truly blessed with all five of mine because we are not only sisters but have stayed friends through all these years. We have also been there for each other in good times and bad. When I think of what I am truly thankful for...my sisters are definitely five of these things.

IMG_9164.JPG

Here I am with all my wonderful sisters at the beach last year. Hope we will be able to be at the beach together this year too.

11074728_10203773828326670_1825809488529066322_n.jpg

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  2. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Happy Birthday:)

Babs Hunt likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Awww what a fabulous family photo....I envy you the closeness you have with your sisters, may you always have it ...it's something I miss with mine.. I have 6 brothers and sisters but they are all scattered to the wind.. and I rarely see any of them..

262893,xcitefun-happy-birthday-admin-3-785060.jpg

Babs Hunt likes this.
  4. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Babs Hunt likes this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you @Holly Saunders. We have our ups and downs just like any other Family does believe me. :) We are all scattered now also with two of us still here in Louisiana, three in Florida, and one in Georgia but we do our best to gather together in one place a couple of times a year at least. And we keep in touch on the phone and Facebook too. I would like to move to Florida again too but will not trade living by the beach for living by my grandchildren. No beach can compete with all seven (to be eight come September) of them. ;)

Lara Moss and Holly Saunders like this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow, I'm impressed. Thank you so much @Mari North. :)

Mari North likes this.
  7. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

:) Wish I could take credit for creating it, but I'm not that fast... I only needed to look for the perfect pre-created greeting. So what big plans do you have today? Does it involve cake? Am I invited?! :D

Babs Hunt likes this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My Birthday always involves cake! Would you like a slice..I'll cut you one and send it through cyberspace. :) Last year I got 4 of these as there seemed to be a mix up on who was getting my cake. :D

As for my plans today I will be playing with my "Luvey". Yesterday she went to the sitter's while my daughter took me out to lunch and then to pick up a homemade cream pie (half coconut and half chocolate) from a country diner not far from their home. I just finished a piece of the chocolate one with my morning cup of coffee.:)

My husband and other daughters are waiting until I get back home to bring forth more Birthday celebrations, etc. This year I will have a long Birthday! :D

IMG_1567.JPG

IMG_8857.JPG

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Now here's what I had with my morning cup of coffee and the beautiful birthday card from my Luvey that was leaning against the coffee pot. :)

IMG_1866.JPG IMG_1869.JPG IMG_1870.JPG

10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Happy Birthday Babs! That's is really cool that you share the same day with your sister, I don't think I've come across that in anyone I know.

I have 2 sisters and share the day with one, just not the month. I'm the oldest and will be 65 on Apr. 18, next oldest will be 55 on Oct.12 and the baby will be 50 on May 18th. I wasn't too close with my sisters growing up because of the age difference. The youngest was only 3 when I left the house. We did become close as adults but are too spread out to see each other more than a couple times a year.

Ruby Begonia and Babs Hunt like this.
  11. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Have a wonderful day Babs ... beautiful family.
    [​IMG]

Babs Hunt likes this.
  12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks @Chrissy Page. My "baby" sister still has her baby at home, he will be a Senior in High School next year. All of the rest of us have no children still at home but lots of grandkids. Even my baby sister with her baby still at home, has grandkids from her older son. We are a blessed Family indeed! :)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks @Bonnie Thomas...those Sunflowers in that pretty bouquet are my favorite flowers!:)

Bonnie Thomas likes this.
  14. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

My baby sister is 53...it's funny because there always seemed such a gap between us when we were younger, but now she's in her 50's, there's no Gap...

My eldest sibling (my brother)...is 70 this year..I never ever thought I'd be at an age where I had a 70 year old brother..I still think of him being 30..LOL

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

My baby sister still has a 9 and 14 yr old at home, her oldest daughter is 20 and away at college.