Small Luxuries

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Corie Henson, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

What do you have for your small luxuries? As I had posted in another thread, I consider my comfort food as small luxury especially that slice of chocolate cake. This afternoon we went to the mall and watched a movie as a small luxury for me. And not to be forgotten is a little shopping for a little luxury particularly when I shop in the Sunday market for fruits and other food stuff. And when there's nothing to do, a joyride with my dogs can be considered a small luxury.

Well, those small luxuries neutralize the negatives that bring stress to my body and mind. Oh, I almost forgot the massage. A home service massage at bedtime is heavenly.

How about you? What are your small luxuries in life?

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

You know what Corie, I don't have any as such, so I'll say a lovely spring day makes me very happy :)

3. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

When I sleep 5 hours at a stretch.

4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Making waffles, and brewing coffee in our 1940 West Bend Electric Percolator, using 8 O'clock 100% Colombian beans.;)
    [​IMG]

5. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

:)

Joe Riley and K E Gordon like this.
  6. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I would say my weekly bottle of wine. I don't buy anything expensive, but I like to have a glass or two a few times a week. Also eating out on occassion would be a small luxury. It has been so long since I had a massage @ Corrie Henson, I would really like that! It is really good for your body too. The cost of them like everything else, is really quite high these days. My ex would love to give me a massage, but I am not opening up that whole can of worms...lol.

Holly Saunders and Patsy Faye like this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that, for Bobby and I both, one of the things we have really enjoyed is having the portable ice-maker. since the refrigerator does not make ice, and we were always refilling and emptying ice trays all summer long. We just enjoy having the little countertop ice maker thhat always stays full, and we can each have all of the ice we want.
    We put in fresh purified water; so the ice cubes do not have the bad taste of the tap-water, and we can use all we want in our iced drinks.
    Bobby prefers iced tea, and I like that; but my favorite is the iced coffee mocha in the afternoons.
    I add lots of ice, and it is almost like having a coffee milkshake , or maybe a coffee slushie, once it comes out of the blender.
    If I have leftover coffee in my cup from that morning, I use that, plus a little extra milk, and some instant coffee granules for added flavor, as well as a little Hershey's baking cocoa for the chocolate taste. Yummy, yummy ! !

8. Patsy Faye

Registered

Oh - I've just thought of a little luxury we bought a few months back !
    A self defrost freezer ! YAY :p A little marvel

Joe Riley and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I remember i was very down one day and had little money in my pocket. I went to Walmart to make what money I had for food stretch. Walmart had stemmed roses for a dollar each. I bought one rose and that made me so happy. I went home and enjoyed that rose and felt suprised by how something so inexpensive could make me feel so good.

11. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

Joe, I get the feeling you like coffee. :)

I'm not sure what mine are. I probably buy too much on Etsy. Figure I will while I have money working full time.

My cats luxury is splitting one small can of Wilderness fish free a day. They are now up to $1.35 per can. In addition to their high quality dry food. My tabby has a fish allergy.

But I don't smoke and I don't regret money spent on my cats.

Joe Riley likes this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  13. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

@Kitty Carmel , before I found the West Bend Percolator on Amazon, I found this funny video. I think the guy is hilarious!:D

Patsy Faye likes this.
  14. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

Nothing wrong with spending $35 on lipstick if you like it. I found The Burts Bees shimmer works for me and it's cheap.

The only thing I've bought at Sephora is the Josie Maran whipped argon oil and I really really like it. I love the honeysuckle vanilla. I think it's also about 35. I'm on my second container.

15. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Joe Riley
    Oh Joe - what a treat, love that accent and like he says - worth the wait :p

Joe Riley likes this.