So Identity Theft is Fine for Illegals Now... Really?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Yvonne Smith, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I read this bit of news this morning, and am sitting here wondering just how crazy can our lawmakers get ? So far, this is apparently only in California, but if it works there, where will it be legal next ?
    California has declared that identity theft will "be overlooked" when an illegal alien applies for a driver's license in California.
    So, suppose they steal my identity, get a license with my name and other pertinent information on it. Then suppose they get drunk and slam into another car and kill a family in the other car, and escape. The license comes back in my name; then they are looking for me, and I am now facing a murder/manslaughter/DUI charge for something I didn't even do.
    Or maybe they open up a bank account and use my ID, Then they write bad checks. Now I am wanted for bank fraud (or whatever they call this).
    And this is all okay because they are not a US citizen. If a citizen commits identity theft, they (rightfully) would be sent to jail for it.
    Why do the criminals have all of the rights nowdays ? When they take our guns away, only the criminals will be armed, as well........

http://www.breitbart.com/california...dered-to-overlook-identity-theft-by-illegals/

Sheldon Scott and Diane Lane like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

If there is any sense to the onslaught of these sorts of laws, the purpose can only be to destroy the fabric of the country. It was reversed under our current governor, I believe but, a few years ago, Maine ordered its department of motor vehicles to not require identification for illegal aliens seeking a drivers license in Maine. Bear in mind that citizens, now, have to show, not only two sets of identification with a photo, but a birth certificate as well.

3. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

It does make you wonder what's going on with our politicians. Are they really that out of touch? Do they not look at the consequences of these types of laws? Are they even aware of how these laws affect legal citizens? Are they incompetent or just plain stupid? I understand they are trying to appease the vocal bleeding hearts, but what about law-abiding, tax paying citizens?

Sorry to rant - this is really a hot button topic for me.

Sheldon Scott and Ken Anderson like this.
  4. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

Like Rush Limbaugh once said, "This is the stuff revolutions are made of! " Not only are illegals putting a drain on our economy, they are systematically down-grading our culture. I think the powers that be want them here for the express purpose of garnering more votes. They are willing to ignore federal law in order to make it happen!

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

It is hard to guess what it is that is really going on, and why. Stories from people living or visiting in Central American countries report seeing articles in the local papers encouraging people to come to America, where they will receive free government benefits.
    We are told that the children need to be brought here becuase of the deplorable living conditions in Central America, and they are not even safe to grow up there, with all of the crime and poverty; so America must "do the right thing" and open our arms (and pocketbooks) to these displaced people.
    However, if you read a magazine or online article about great places to retire to, or just to go on vacation; those exact same countries come up as one of the best places to live. Say what ? ? Which story is the real one ?
    One thing that I have considered, is that we have a lot of older people here, and the ounger generations are not having many children, so America needs workers, and people who can be put into the military.
    Maybe this is just another version of Sheldon's wild pig trap (from another thread).
    It just works a little different.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

As someone who was smashed into by someone who ran, and was then told by the police that the driver was most likely illegal, I certainly don't appreciate our 'representatives' putting forth such crap laws. Things aren't perfect here in Texas, but at least they seem to understand that our border is too porous, and that the issue (among others), needs to be addressed. I'm starting to think my Dad was psychic. He told us for years that this is where our country was heading, and I'm talking years before most of us saw it coming. I sure hope someone is able to rein in these elected folks who don't seem to care what the citizens think, and get the country turned back around in the right direction.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  7. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

The same thing happened to us, and to a lot of other people I know, and we're not even a border state! We've had extensive property damage, including a car that was parked in our driveway! The guy crashed into it and drove away. The officer who caught him, after he had mowed down 4 of our neighbors mailboxes, and another car, said that he would lock him up, and the judge would just turn him loose the next day, because they had no way of knowing who he really was, and ICE wouldn't pick him up! This is one of many many incidents that I've witnessed over the years.

Diane Lane likes this.
  8. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

And as these type of activities continue the taxes go up to pay for this. If you can not find the true person that commited the crime how are you to receive repayment for the damages to your property? You don't you will have to pay a higher insurance price to cover someone else's negligence. If a US citizen commited this crime in their country that person would be planted under the prison never to be seen again. I thin the powers that be are going to overboard to help these people that come into our country take our resources and turn on the country and become terrorist or help to reduce the tax base while increases the need for supplemental help from the taxes paid. I would rather my money go to help build schools, pay teacher better so that we have good teachers than pay for a non citizen criminal act.

Diane Lane likes this.
  9. Diane Lane

Registered

Ugh, I'm sorry that happened. It's so frustrating when you try to do the right things, and others don't, then their bad behavior affects you. In my case, the cop was right there, and would have been a witness, if he'd been awake. I don't know what he was daydreaming about, but he was sitting at the red light, yet somehow missed the entire accident. To add insult to injury, I had to fill out the accident report myself, and mail it to Austin. I'm glad I live in a smaller city now, where when something happens, the police actually respond.

10. Diane Lane

Registered

I agree, Pat, it's very frustrating when scofflaws waste our tax dollars. When my grandparents came to this country, my grandfather had to come alone, and leave my grandmother and their children behind, so he could secure employment and housing, and show that he would be a productive citizen, a positive addition to the country, not a drain, and could provide for his family, before they were allowed to come. I think that is how it should be. I had a friend from Guyana who would sponsor family members to come here, and if it worked out, and they were productive, she would help them become citizens. If not, she sent them back. If more people felt that way and acted accordingly, our country would be much stronger than it is, and in much better shape financially.

11. Alan Davis

Alan Davis Well-Known Member
    Registered

If politicians want immigrants, they should make laws openly after debates and allow only people who satisfy the laws to immigrate. Why do they prefer illegal criminals over lawful applicants?