So If A Probiotic Schedule Is Indicated

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Michael Santi, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Michael Santi

Michael Santi Veteran Member
    Registered

Getting familier as a newbie with the topics list and I had to put my 2 cents in on this board .... When did medical commercials decide the best way to 'sell' me was to pretend they were speaking to a doctor ? In what universe was I suppose to learn all on my own what the heck a 'probiotic' was ? Even in college I can't imagine this would ever have come up very often .... not to mention as well that it seems they now feel that horrible illness might be 'friendlier' if we made them 'our own' and also ... as we did with texting ... give them abbreviations which has become another way I'm left out of whatever they want to sell me because the illness it cures is only for those on the inside of the thing ...'in the freekin' know of what the madding abbreviation even means .... I remember when the only medical abbreviations were MS and MD .... later in life I grudgingly permitted myself to accept STD's into my brain but never across my lips ... now we have thousands of them including tv commercials that promise to "stop (add your favorite abbreviation here) instantly !" Your age is showing if the only abbreviation you comfortably understand is : LSMFT !

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

We mute All commercials...the medical ones are the most irriatating.

Patsy Faye and Michael Santi like this.
  3. Michael Santi

Michael Santi Veteran Member
    Registered

Irritating is the word for it all right ! I'm sure I wasn't the only emailer to one specific company for their commercial about Mesothelioma ..... this spokesperson talked as if the company were so informed on the subject that help in a lawsuit was a certainty. He went on to explain how they work hand in hand with doctors on a daily basis pertaining to this lung illness. I wrote to complain that I found it hard to believe one could be so informed yet not even aware of the illness's correct pronounciation, as the spokes person repeatedly called it "measle-thelioma" ... Had not even one doctor ever corrected anyone in the company pertaining to this ? Since only one complaint letter was surly not going to change anything, I believe that hundreds must have done as I and complained , because the commercial remained exactly the same but with correct pronunciation as a dub in ! .... Very gratifying but admittedly, I'm a bit concerned that a sure sign of old age is the fact that with a million other possible activities ... I chose to write a complaint letter about an illness I myself do not even have, lol!

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Bottom line.....everything is about greed. I am not saying some people do not need meds...but... to me...the risk of taking certain meds...especially if more than two, is a greater risk than just trying perhaps an alternative method.
    When your own doctor tells you rather bluntly that it is all a farce..that lets me know ....I can go my on way and hope for the best.