Soft Drinks Aka Soda Pop - Or Simply Put - A Coke

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Kalvin Mitnic, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Kalvin Mitnic

Kalvin Mitnic Veteran Member
    Registered

Over the world there are many names for carbonated soft drinks and from many base materials. Barley, Coco nut you name it.

Here in our home it's diet Pepsi for she and ...:rolleyes: well several choices for his self. Sprite to Mountain dew or a cola. I like coconut or fruit flavored soft drinks too. Even a Ginger Ale will meet my need.
    Water is to avoid unless taking a pill. There are varied amounts of fluid recommended/day. I drink my share of coffee too. I guess it all adds up and so long as you drink BEFORE you're thirsty I guess that will fill your bodies needs.:p

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I only drink water and coffee...I haven't had a coke or Pepsi diet or regular in many many years. I never really did drink coke or Pepsi, I always drank Fresca then.

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My morning "coffee" years ago used to be a regular Coke...until I had my gall bladder out. After that I could never drink a coke again. However I can drink coffee now...and I have one cup (or mug) a day. Water is my mainstay. I can have a sip or two of tea, gingerale, or cranberry apple juice at times. But over doing any of these other drinks will tear up my digestion real fast. So it's mainly one cup of coffee a day and water for me. Sometimes I miss my coke with lots of ice...but a girl's gotta do what a girl's got to do! :p

Martin Alonzo and Chrissy Cross like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I mostly just drink water with lemon in it, and now the lemonade that I made with fresh lemons in the Vitamix, and then I add lots and lots of ice to that.
    I stopped drinking sweetened pop many years ago, ;but I do still drink sugar-free pop sometimes. Now that I have read how bad even that is supposed to be for my health, I seldom even drink that anymore. If we go out for a meal, or have a pizza at home, then I will sometimes have a diet pop with that.
    I really like Fresca, too, and I don't know why the stores do not carry more of it. Kroger has their own soda brand, and they make the grapefruit flavor; but they are usually out of it when I have looked for some.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Cross
    Fresca was one of the beverages sweetened with Cyclamate; the other big one was Tab. I enjoyed both, and drank the Tab to excess, since it was available in 16 oz. screw-top glass bottles, suitable for re-use for my home-made beer!
    Frank

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Mostly coffee, although there are times when I'll drink a lot of water before getting sick of it again. Sometimes I'll drink hot tea, but that's more of a winter thing. I like ginger beer and Moxie but I've been trying not to drink too much of that sort of thing. There is a cherry juice that I really like, called Cheribundi, but that's too expensive to drink every day.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

You don't have to drink a lot of water, fluids is all you need
    So coffee, tea, smoothies even veg and fruit that contains water will suffice our daily intake :)

Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I still drink a few bottles of water because I only drink about 2 cups of coffee...no tea or smoothies.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I never cared for Tab...tasted yucky to me.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  10. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Tea , coffee , sometimes a coke....we drink more ice tea than anything else in the summer.
    Sodas are like many other no no things....to be had on occasion...not all day.

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I'm also not saying I haven't had a drop of Diet Coke in 9 years, I probably have but it's very rare.

I can recall just buying a bottle when I'm at the checkout of a store, but mainly for the caffeine. I don't like carbonated drinks anymore.

12. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I stopped drinking diet coke...when I figured out by trail and error that aspertine..sorry mis spelled...causes all sorts of issues body aches for me.However I was drinking them to much.

13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I used to like Tab when it first came out, back when it was about the only diet soft drink around, but I tried some about a year ago and didn't like it so much.

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I didn't even know they still made Tab....I never see it but then I'm never in the soft drink aisle. In fact there's a lot of aisles I don't go down.

Alcohol ...chips...bakery..deli

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Cross
    Gee, what do you eat? :rolleyes:
    Frank

Hedi Mitchell likes this.