Solar Eclipse

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

A total solar eclipse is scheduled in Maine for April 8, 2024. I don't know how that works everywhere, but here's a guide to viewing the eclipse in Maine. Millinocket is one of the towns where it is supposed to be most visible for 2 minutes and 56 seconds.

"The total solar eclipse on April 8, 2024, will be visible along a narrow track stretching from Texas to Maine. The first location in continental North America that will experience totality is Mexico’s Pacific coast at around 11:07 a.m. A partial eclipse will be visible throughout all 48 contiguous U.S. states."

2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Google says from southwest to northeast in Ohio passing through six cities and our city is one of the six. 124 mile wide band, I wonder how to map that to see just where that is. Our house sits north but on the west side of SR 48. I wonder if I still have that atlas. :rolleyes:

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

And it comes into the United States right at Eagle Pass Texas, where all of the militant illegals are coming through.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Our youngest daughter is really keeping up with this solar thing. She connects it to her Bible study and end time.

5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Ken, I don't know if we can see it here in NC but those are some absolutely gorgeous pictures of Maine. :)

Ken Anderson likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

There is also a really large comet that will be visible during the same time frame as the eclipse. It is sometimes called the devils horn comet because when it explodes, it appears like horns coming out from the sides of the comet.
    It does not always explode, but they are saying that if it did explode near the time of the eclipse, it might even be visible to the naked eye somewhere close to the blacked out sun.

Marie Mallery and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

We now have another solar eclipse coming up in April, and already there are interesting stories going around about the eclipse.
    One thing is that it makes an “X” where it crosses the path of the last solar eclipse, which happens to be right near a town called “Rapture”, and also close to where The ArK exhibit is located , in Kentucky.

Some people are saying that the eclipse will last for three days.
    I have not seen how they come up with that idea in the first place, but I think it has to do with the eclipse starting in Texas near a place called “Jonah”, and the Bible prophesy that the only one this last generation will get will be the sign of Jonah.

Jonah was supposed to go to Nineveh (another town the eclipse passes through) and preach to them, but when he refused to go, he was thrown off the ship, and swallowed by a huge fish and spent three days “in the belly of the whale”, as the story goes.
    So, the sign of Jonah might be 3 days of darkness.

Whether this has anything to do with the eclipse in the Baron Trump story or not, I am not sure. I did download the book a few years ago, and read some of it; but do not remember anything about the eclipse.

IMG_6138.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
    Marie Mallery and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

An interesting thing is that the eclipse crosses the path of the 2017 eclipse almost exactly where the New Madrid earthquake happened. We are long overdue for another big quake from that area, so I am hopping that “X” does not mark the spot for the earthquake. Some people have been predicting a large earthquake, but the ones I have been reading are saying it would happen in California, not at the New Madrid area.
    The last one, which was in the 1800’s affected people all the way from the Great Lakes to the Gulf of Mexico, and we are right in that span if another one did happen.
    Something like that would really affect the whole United States, because of the location being so close to so many large cities.

9. Marie Mallery

Registered

Didn't Nostradamus predict some kind of warning about an earthquake turning much of states near New Madrid Fault being ocean front?

John Nopales likes this.
  10. Marie Mallery

Registered

My son sent me a powerful binocular, I can see parts of moon,etc,. Daughter said make sure we have water and food stored.
    So many false warnings now it is hard to pay attention. Although I did buy a little extra food, and will stock up some water.
    Hope it doesn't cause more sink holes, some homes here have disappeared with people in them from sinkholes. Like this one below, man never found,

[​IMG]

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=4f88...21hbitpbitmbG9yaWRhK2hvbWUmRk9STT1FV1JF&ntb=1

John Nopales likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

I searched for earthquake predictions, and he did predict one, but it is near Japan, and not here in America.
    A really interesting part of history is the story of Tecumseh, the Indian Chief, who not only predicted the New Madrid earthquake, but also the eclipse that happened at that period of time, and a great comet, which was visible in the sky for almost a whole year.

https://www.ancientpages.com/2018/1...-the-biggest-earthquakes-in-american-history/

12. Marie Mallery

Registered

Yvonne that is very interesting, a picture of Tecumseh,

[​IMG]

13. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

The last eclipse I stacked perhaps a dozen of the filters that my optometrist gives after dilating my eyes onto a pair of sunglasses and looked directly at the eclipse. He later checked for eye damage at a later visit and eyes were OK, but I won't do it again.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  14. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

Yvonne...we'd moved from nc..to south central Illinois..right above this massive fault ..semi prepared..for something that would be catastrophic...
    the prepared i mentioned..
    is in my mind..
    Pray all is okay

15. Marie Mallery

Registered

I thought I read about earthqakes years ago he rpedicted,

Earthquakes and severe floods will lead to conflicts between states. The United States will face challenges in coping with these disasters. Three other major nations will extend aid to the survivors in the U.S., ostensibly to assist them. However, these humanitarian actions may mask motives hinting at potential occupation.”

2. Putin’s Health Challenge and a Diabolical Successor
    In the upcoming year of 2024, as the mighty Dragon exerts its influence in the Chinese Zodiac, a sense of foreboding surrounds Vladimir Putin, a leader born under this same sign in 1952. Within the enigmatic verses of Nostradamus, a haunting prophecy emerges, suggesting a turbulent year ahead that may bring significant challenges for the Russian leader.

The Rise of a Machiavellian Successor:
    Simultaneously, Nostradamus suggests that a close confidant of Putin, someone he trusted, will exploit his vulnerability due to illness. This individual, described as diabolical, will seize the reins of power in Russia. The consequences of this change in leadership could be destabilizing, both nationally and internationally.

3. A New World Order – One Nation Will Rise
    Nostradamus’ cryptic vision for 2024 holds a stunning revelation: a nation once considered an emerging economy will rise to global prominence, reshaping the geopolitical landscape. Nostradamus foresees an economic surge of extraordinary proportions, reshaping the global financial landscape.

Analyzing the cryptic verses of Nostradamus, a revelation comes to light. It strongly hints that the nation poised to reshape the global landscape in