Some Amazing Benefits Of Taking Coconut Oil Every Day

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Yvonne Smith, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I am getting on well with the coconut oil using it to cook with and to brush my teeth, it does amazing things for your hair and skin as well, I don't need any more energy at the moment otherwise I will burst into flames I think, I do like the taste of it and combined with magnesium oil, I will hopefully get to celebrate the next Millennium [​IMG]

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

HAHAHA!:D

Terry Page likes this.
  4. Terry Page

Registered

I always loved that song ....so full of energy, it's the B side of his hit "Island in the Sun" which I like as well....

Yvonne Smith and Joe Riley like this.
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have always enjoyed most of the songs that Harry Belafonte sings, especially the slow ballads. Island in the Sun is one of the best ones.
    Although there are a lot of them that I really like, this one is my very favorite.

Terry Page likes this.
  6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Yvonne, I am thinking of ordering the coconut oil from Amazon. Where does one begin? What are some simple, easy, everyday uses, beside in my coffee. How can it be introduced in basic cooking? The consistency looks like a white, thick mass, in the photos. can it be taken by the spoonful? I want to try it.;)
    [​IMG]

Terry Page likes this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

I can share with you what I use it for, @Joe Riley , and there is also a lot of good information to be found online and on Youtube. I have two different kinds of coconut oil that I use. I get the virgin cold-pressed coconut oil for using in my morning bulletproof coffee, and to use just to take a spoonful of now and then.
    I also bought a gallon of the yellow coconut oil that is meant for popping popcorn. It is plain oil; but added beta carotene, which gives it the yellow color, I use that for cooking where I don't want it to taste like coconut. I buy both of them from Amazon, and the virgin coconut oil, I get in the 54 oz size.
    I got the Nature's way; but there are several others and as long as they are virgin coconut oil, they seem to be about the same, at least to me.
    For cooking I have the gallon size Snappy's popcorn oil in yellow; but it also comes in plain white. It lasts a long time (at least for us), and I usually put some in a smaller container for ease of using it. I use this for anything that I cook that needs oil. It melts somewhere after 75-80, so in the summer it looks like a clear oil for the virgin oil, and like an orange oil for the popcorn oil.
    I also softened some of the popcorn oil and whipped it up with an equal amount of regular butter, and that is what I use in place of butter on veggies. It actually tastes pretty buttery-flavored. I don't know how it would be on toast or pancakes; but on the veggies it is fine.

Each morning, I make my coffee with a spoonful of coconut oil in it, and I am bright-eyed and bushy tailed soon afterwards. I also add a couple spoonfuls of whey protein powder because this is my breakfast before we go to the health club and exercise.
    I make the bulletproof coffee with my blender.
    I use the serving cup, add a good spoonful of coconut oil and the protein powder, and then about 1/2 cup of plain hot coffee, which melts the coconut oil. Next, I add some cream, which cools it all down enough to use the blender, and then blend it until it is nice and creamy. Pour that in my coffee cup and then fill it up the rest of the way with hot coffee, and stir. It tastes like the creamiest latte ever ! You can use either chocolate or vanilla whey protein, or any flavor you like.
    This keeps me feeling full and energized all morning while I am swimming and exercising. When I get home I am ready for a salad for lunch, and then later in the afternoon, I may make a cup of hot tea with coco oil, the exact same way as I made the coffee. If I don't want any tea, and notice my energy flagging a little, I just take a spoonful of the coco oil. It is not all that bad tasting, since it is a little bit like coconut with the smell and taste; but still not my favorite way to do it; but it works if you just want to have some right away.
    Even though it energizes me during the day, it does not keep me awake at night like coffee or other caffeine would do, and I can have it before bedtime, and go right to sleep.
    I recommend getting Bruce Fife's book, "The Coconut Oil Miracle" from Amazon as well; but there are also lots of good books at the Kindle store and many are free.
    For losing weight, or even for dealing with health issues, then his book "The Coconut Ketogenic Diet" is also really informative, and he has other books that deal with healing different illnesses if you look through his author page on Amazon Kindle Store.
    Here is the link.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Bruce-Fife/e/B0034PGFKW/ref=sr_tc_2_0?qid=1486687211&sr=1-2-ent

Terry Page and Joe Riley like this.
  9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you, Yvonne, forgive me if some of this has already been posted, but I just get overwhelmed with the details, and am not looking for a major life-style change, just a nudge or two in the right direction. I will print your post and keep it for future reference. Thanks again!

Terry Page and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

I had started using it for cooking about a year ago, or maybe even two years, when I read about the dangers of the vegetable oils that we have always been told were the "good oils". I occasionally tried taking some of the virgin coconut oil; but until the coffee idea, I never found a good way to actually take it consistently and see if it did help me.
    When I started that, I felt the difference in my energy levels and clear-thinking right away. I recommend this as a good way to start and find out if it helps you or not, since you do not have to use it for weeks (or even days) before you will notice results.
    If I can help in any way, just message me !

Terry Page likes this.
  11. Terry Page

Registered

Like you @Yvonne Smith I use the solid extra virgin oil, in casseroles and other cooking where the coconut taste doesn't overwhelm the dish, but because I am also taking kefir, roasted buckwheat and magnesium oil daily, I am not sure which is doing what, [​IMG] ..... but I haven't felt this good for over a decade so something is working.

When I have finished my current hyperactive decorating phase, I will stop taking all these supplements for a while and see if it's all down to my mind doing it [​IMG]

Clarity of mind promised with coconut oil would certainly be a good thing for me ........:)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith & @Terry Page - Good morning, we just returned from food shopping at Walmart (delayed one day due to weather) and while we were there, I decided to pick up some Coconut Oil products. I got a 14 oz Spectrum Organic Virgin CO (unrefined) and a 16 oz b LouAna Liquefied CO for cooking. I tried a teaspoon of the Virgin CO in my coffee, I just stirred it til it melted. I might order a frother, and try it that way. I wanted to just try it before ordering in online. Will let you know.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Terry Page and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Yvonne Smith

Awesome, @Joe Riley , and starting with a smaller size while you try it out is a good way to start, just in case you find that it is not for you. I am already considering putting the VCO on subscribe, once I see how long it takes me to go through the 54 oz size that I bought, so that I know how often I need the shipments sent.
    This morning I cooked my egg/spinach/cheese omelet in some of the butter mixture, and also had my morning bulletproof coffee, so I am definitely running on all eight cylinders right now, and busily rearranging things in the house !
    I just moved the big stereo system into the exercise room, along with Alexa. Now, I can just say " Alexa, play my playlist favorites on Amazon music" , and she starts right in playing them. Plus, this stereo has better sound than the smaller one that I had in there before .
    Next, I guess I will go in and ride the bike for a while and burn off some energy........although, I am also thinking about taking down the bedroom curtains and washing those.
    Maybe both.

Terry Page, Joe Riley and Patsy Faye like this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Bloomin 'eck Yvonne, slow down gal, you'll do yerself a mischief :p
    @Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

All this talk of coconut oil made me go and buy some while I was at the store this morning. When I got home with it I put a spoonful in my coffee and stirred til it dissolved, drank that...then I saw some was left on the spoon so I put that on my hand as moisturizer. :)

I don't even know if I bought the right kind but it's solid and greasy and tastes like coconut. It has decreased my appetite but I don't need to lose weight so will see what else it does...if nothing, I'll still have a moisturizer.

Yvonne Smith likes this.