Some Amazing Benefits Of Taking Coconut Oil Every Day

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Yvonne Smith, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I saw that one on the shelf at Safeway but went with one that was on sale. ...ingredients looked the same. I paid $10.99 for a smaller jar than that but the spectrum was even more but I forget how much that was.

I didn't eat much today at all, it makes me feel full.

Joe Riley likes this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Cross - people like it as a moisturiser, I find it too heavy for me, you may just love it :)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I haven't tried it in coffee as I tend to take my coffee strong and black liking the bitter taste, but I will try it today to see how it tastes, I find using it to fry an English breakfast, the coconut flavour is too strong, but in other cooking such as chillis and curries it works fine

Joe Riley likes this.
  4. Terry Page

Registered

I have just had a mug of hot chocolate to which I added a large teaspoonful of coconut oil and I really liked it, it's certainly very filling
    [​IMG]

Yvonne Smith and Joe Riley like this.
  5. Terry Page

Registered

Have just tried it in a cup of coffee and though it smells of coconut, I can barely taste it so that's good news... [​IMG]

Yvonne Smith and Joe Riley like this.
  6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith & @Terry Page
    Yesterday (Saturday), I made waffles using CO instead of veg oil. The batter seemed white instead of yellow, and the waffles did not taste of coconut, but seemed better than usual. Looks like a permanent change. Have slept through the night the past two nights without having to get up. VCO in black coffee not quite as good looking as with cream.

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

After I bought it I had some in my coffee, I hardly ate that day and couldn't fall asleep at night and then woke up at 2:30 a.m. So yesterday I felt like crap. Last night I slept well so I put some in my coffee this morning...will see how today goes...if it keeps me from sleeping well I'll just use it as moisturizer.

The first day I felt wired and not hungry...maybe my jar had some meth in it, lol. Yesterday I was very tired for lack of sleep...and today, so far so good but it's early yet....the lack of appetite is still there but that's not what I'm looking for, I don't want to lose weight.

@Joe Riley , yeah, black coffee looks greasy but it's drinkable, especially if you chug it. :)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Joe Riley likes this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well I want y'all to know that I am so impressed with some of the posts on coconut and magnesium oil that I just finished placing my order at Walmart for both these things. I sure hope I will be able to post some good reports on using them too. :)

9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I think you need to give it some time, Chrissy!

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I am, Joe! I'm also not so wired feeling today which is good.

Joe Riley likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That is awesome, @Babs Hunt ! I am checking out the magnesium oil on amazon, and will be ordering some of that to try soon, too.
    When you take the coconut oil, it should give you more energy; but it can also make you feel full, and not want to eat. This is great if you are on a diet, and want to eat less, while still getting essential nutrition; but otherwise, it is best to do like Joe and Terry are doing, and incorporate the coconut oil into your food, so that you are still eating regular meals at the same time.
    I don't like to eat much before we go to the fitness center; but I do need something that will give me energy; so just having the bulletproof coffee with coconut oil works great for me; but it wouldn't be so good if you take it first thing and then were not hungry for breakfast. (Or whatever meal)

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm just going to try the coconut oil for a while so I know exactly what it does or doesn't do. I hope it will give me more energy because that is something I haven't had alot of lately. I found the article by Dr. Axe on the 20 things coconut oil was good really interesting. Then when I ordered some I was reading the reviews and people are feeding it to their pets to give them shiny coats, etc. and using it in their hair, as a facial moisturizer...all kinds of difference things. One woman was describing how she had really sensitive skin and every moisturizer she had tried broke out her skin but then she tried the coconut oil and it works so well on her face that she will never use anything else.

It all sounds so good...I'd be happy if it just helps me have more energy. :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith Is the lessening of appetite caused by the increased metabolism?

14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that it is a combination of at least two things. One of them is that fats supply twice the energy that either carbs or proteins supply per gram. The explanation that I was reading said that it was like putting good kindling on a fire, it makes the fire burn faster and hotter; so not only is it speeding up the metabolism with the high energy fuel, it is also supplying more fuel per gram than any other fuel.
    Plus, MCT's are so easy for the body to burn as fuel, it does not have to go through all of the digestive processes that LCT's have to go through, so we get more of the fuel, and faster. Between these two things, you are going to feel energized, and also your body wil feel fueled up. Because the fats also burn longer, you will not be hungry as often as you get when burning glucose for fuel.
    Not everyone who uses coconut oil wants to lose weight; and not everyone will lose weight. It stabilizes the body. The ketogenic diet is used by John Hopkins Unversity to treat children with seizures, and it often works when drugs can't help them at all.
    Obviously, these kids need to have enough energy and nutrition to grow; so the diet does give them that, and they have plenty to eat and are not losing weight.
    From what I read, just replacing all other oils that you use with coconut oil should give you a lot of the benefits. If you eat a protein breakfast like eggs scrambled in coconut oil then you will get the oil that way, and still have your breakfast, and you should be fueled up and energetic all morning.
    The Kindle store also has some free or cheap books about using coconut oil; but I recommend getting Bruce Fife's book for the best information.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    Terry Page and Joe Riley like this.
  15. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you Yvonne!