Songs of Our Childhood...

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Yvonne Smith, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We all have favorite songs that we listened to (some of them over and over), and having my first little phonograph was one of my true treasures, and greatest enjoyment in my young life.
    Before that happened, there was the radio (AM radio only back then) and we listened to songs on the radio.
    One of my very earliest favorites, one that I waited for it to be played so I could happily sing along, was "The Kid With the Rip in His Pants" by Roy Rogers, my hero and favorite singer at the time.

Probably most of you won't remember hearing this particular song, but I am sure that you will enjoy listening, whether this is the first time, or it was one of your early favorites, too.
    This thread is for adding the first songs that you remember and enjoyed when you were little, so hit Youtube, and search them out and then we can all sing along ! !

2. Susan Long

Susan Long Veteran Member
    Registered

I loved songs we would sing during Vacation Bible School. A big favorite was, 'This Little Light of Mine'. I know all of the verses! There were many other songs, but this one stands out as a song of joy and hope.