Southland, On Hulu

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Diane Lane, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I missed most of Southland the first time around, other than a few episodes, which I really enjoyed, so I'm glad I'm able to catch at least some of it on Hulu. I've been marathoning it for a few days while I work around the house. I didn't realize it was created by Ann Biderman, who also created Ray Donovan, another show I enjoy, as well as NYPD Blue.

Southland is a police show, and it's in a raw style, more reminiscent of Cops than some of the other more polished police dramas. It originated on NBC, but then moved to TNT. Here's a link to more information, in case anyone's interested. Here's a link with more information about Ann Biderman, in case anyone's interested in her. I first heard of her from James Woods, since I follow him on Twitter, and they're good friends. I pay more attention to actors than producers/creators, but I'll keep an eye out for her other projects in the future.

2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

There were 5 seasons to Southland, and I would have welcomed more. I stayed up late last night to watch, when I realized there were only two more episodes. I will probably start 11/22/63 over, so I can recall what I've already seen, but I think either Hulu or Netflix has The Shield, and I'm considering re-watching the entire series. It's very handy to marathon stream episodes of a show when I'm working here on the computer and watching in the mirror.