Spring Is In The Air

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by Babs Hunt, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Although allergy problems are worse in the Spring for alot of us...the world is so much prettier when everything is blooming. :)
    IMG_4284.JPG IMG_4286.JPG IMG_4282.JPG

2. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Babs.. not quite sure where you live, but we up here are still in full winter with temperatures in the -25c mark and tons of more snow to come..
    I admit it looks lovely, but till we get to that point, it will be the middle of June..

Joe Smith, Yvonne Smith and Babs Hunt like this.
  3. Missy Lee

Missy Lee Veteran Member
    Registered

I am in an area known as "The Banana Belt Of Canada" and have noticed a few of my perennials popping up. The migrating birds are also returning so hopefully spring is on the way.

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I live in Louisiana @Steve North and everything is pretty much blooming right now. The knock out roses are blooming like crazy in my daughter's back yard and in our small rose bush bed and our yard is filled with weed flowers which are such a bright yellow that I think they are lovely.:)
    IMG_4250-001.JPG IMG_4245.JPG

5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Spring - my favourite time, not too hot and nature springing to life once more - glorious :)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

We will be in the 70's starting Thursday.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Spring has sprung here as well. Actually, we have found this out since moving here in 2009, Spring is pretty "short-lived" compared to other areas. We will be getting warmer and warmer. Seeing more and more people wearing shorts. got mine on right now. Will be getting our boat ready to hit the water. Finally got our A/C fixed in our vehicle. Getting ready to buy 1-day tickets to a waterpark. Been to this waterpark before and loved it. Don't go on any high slide/tube rides. One ride we do go on, we float down a "rapids" type water in a 1-person tube and the other is fast-moving water and a person wears a waterski life vest. We also relax under a big beach umbrella and go in the Tide Pool and the children's water area. Most likely, this will be our last time going to a waterpark. We will have a Water Camera with us, so we can get some photos.

Time Change this Sunday AM and we are both glad of it. More daylight.........YES!:D Have to enjoy this while we can, because in a year or so, when we move, the weather pattern will be totally different than here, but that's ok.

Chrissy Cross and Babs Hunt like this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

We don't have much of a spring here either, there are people in shorts already here too. It's different climate than Florida, more desert like in the summer which lasts too long.

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think there is really much of a Spring anywhere...nor much of a Fall either. Yet those are my two favorite seasons of each year and if I could change things those would be the only two seasons we would have each year. :)

Chris Ladewig and Chrissy Cross like this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Like I tell most people that think this way, "I can tell you're not a boater". Boaters like warm-to-hot weather for waterskiing, tubing or just cruising on the water.

11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well @Cody Fousnaugh it's a good thing I'm not in charge of the seasons then...because if I was I guess you wouldn't need your boat!:p

Chris Ladewig likes this.
  12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

IMG_4310.JPG IMG_4312.JPG
    These are the beautiful "weed" flowers that are filling the ditches along the road back to our home. I love seeing them when I run my errands. :)

Hedi Mitchell and Von Jones like this.
  13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

IMG_4315.JPG The knock out roses are blooming and all the bushes have lots of buds on them. :)

Hedi Mitchell and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Wonderful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    its -28c as I post this ....
    Spring should come sometimes towards the end of May to the beginning of June up here....

Babs Hunt likes this.
  15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

You can enjoy Spring at our house and in our town until you get your own @Steve North! :) I love to share.