Sprucing Up The Homestead

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Diane Lane, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you @Diane Lane Our room is very relaxing. These are my favorite beach pictures next to my side of the bed...these two photos at the beach taken by two of my sisters that I enlarged and framed...so now I wake up to the pleasure of the beach and the love of two of my sisters each morning! ;)

One of the things I really enjoy about being a senior citizen is being able to slow my own life down to the pace I want it to be most days!
    IMG_2553.JPG

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:)Probably, we just never asked. Don't like to rock the boat, so just us humans. I get my pet fix from videos on youtube and I like pet places on facebook and get fascinating videos and pictures, so it's okay. I wouldn't be able to afford pets today anyway.

Joe Riley and Babs Hunt like this.
  3. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Well I am planting flowers and doing yardwork currently. I have a lot I have to do. I think that I will try to have a yard sale this weekend because I have a number of things I have to get rid of. My oirginal idea was to put the house on the market June 1. However, I can see that isn't going to happen. I just don't really have the cash flow to get everything done that needs to be done to get top dollar.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

@Babs Hunt Those pictures are gorgeous. I love how vivid the colors are. I have some pelican pictures on the walls here, just small ones by a local photographer. I have a few of my own photographs blown up and framed on the stairway, but haven't blown up or framed anything I've taken lately. I have one of mine here in the office, it's a pic of a large wooden cross in the courtyard at a church where I used to work. It was the view out my office window, and I loved seeing it daily, so decided to take the picture and hang in in here, so I could still see it after I left that job.

@K E Gordon Are you still considering selling the house? You might want to look around to see if there are any grants that fit your situation. I know there is a lot of money out there earmarked for specific purposes. My ex is native american, and I'd looked into some grants/loans in the past for him, so I know there is some money available for use in rural areas.

5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Yesterday was a taste that Spring is nearing. It was cloudy but the temperature was so nice that it drew me outside. Of course I didn't just sit on the porch for too long before I grabbed the key to the carriage house and snatched my rake, broom and a couple of other things and began raking up last year's remnants of leaves in my front yard. One of my neighbors always sees me when I'm out there and said to me once, 'You're always doing something when I see you.' I wonder what he would have said yeaterday.:rolleyes:

The salt used really did a job on our walkway where I attempted to repair it myself from the year before. That's a project I put on my to-do list but I'm not really wanting to use the cement again since I feel my attempt failed through this winter. I want something that I know will last for more than one winter. I'm open to suggestions.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It is almost 70 here today, although still cloudy and overcast, with a light breeze. Bobby has been out working in the shop, and I charged up the battery weedeater, and am starting to fear the first areas where I want to plant this spring.
    Since we get so little sunshine, and my garden has not done well the last couple of years, this year I really want to focus on the fruit trees and Bettie's and see if I can get them growing and producing better. I am going to replant both the raspberries and the blackberries where there is more sunshine, and I am even thinking about moving the blueberries. They are out front and get good sun until all the trees around here leaf out for summer, and then they are in shade. They are growing; but barely, and I have only ever gotten a few berries from any of them.
    I also want to dig up some of the Jerusalem artichokes and plant them around the back fence line. They will help cover up the ugly fence during the summer and add to our privacy here. I think it might be too early to do that yet; so I will have to go out with the shovel and see if I can find some of the tubers. They seem to transplant better before they start to sprout, providing that I can locate them first.

Bobby Cole likes this.