Star Wars Celebration/convention In Orlando 2017

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

As most everyone on these forums know, wife and I are huge Star Wars fans. Have the movies, some collectables and Halloween costumes to prove it.

Anyway, we learned about the Orlando Celebration from a lady shopping at Walmart last year. If not for her, we probably wouldn't have known about it until it was over. This will be our first Celebration/Convention. The last two, one in Anaheim, Calif. (2015) and the other in London UK, we wouldn't have love to gone to, but finances just wouldn't allow it (owning a power boat can be somewhat expensive:(, but we love boating:D). We have already bought tickets for one day; can't afford all four. Have our hotel room reservations set up. We are finding out that people from around the world will be there. Two of the Celebrity Guests will be Felicity Jones (Rogue One) and Ian McDiarmid (the Emperor/Sith Master in 4, 5 and 6). This Celebration is also celebrating 40 years since the first movie, A New Hope, came out in 1977.

Thing is, most of the people we've talked to who were wearing a Star Wars t-shirt, don't even know about this Celebration/Convention. Guess they don't have to advertise. All of the 4-day Passes have been sold out for something like $700 for that Pass.

2. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

I clicked on the thread with some panic, since we are planning to be in Orlando and Tampa this year.
    The dates are in April, so we are good.
    Didn't want to get caught up in that.
    We like Star Wars, just didn't want to fight 'extra' crowds:eek:

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

One thing for sure, there will be crowds and traffic. There are tons of Star Wars fans. Many of them will be "Baby Boomers", like us. I was 27 in 1977 when A New Hope came out.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Got a new Darth Vader Lightsaber. My old one cost $35 and the handle was all plastic. When I fell last October, in full costume w/this old Lightsaber in my hand, the cover of the on/off switch broke and a wire inside the handle broke off of a small circuit board. That circuit board was the sound part of the Lightsaber. Tried soldering the wire back on the board, but just wouldn't work. Anyway, this old Lightsaber is actually a child's toy, even though it did light up and have sound. The new one is for Adults and the Instructions that came with it states that. The new Lightsaber definitely goes better with my costume than the old one did.

Don't ask how much the new Lightsaber cost, however there are even more expensive ones.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Just took an online test of Star Wars movies and passed it all. Wife done the same. We are both now classified as a Jedi Master and fully have the Force. Perhaps we should be called a Star Wars Movies Master.

We are very proud of this honor!:)

6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I would fail miserably!

Congratulations!!

Cody Fousnaugh likes this.
  7. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Since it is " May the fourth be with You " day, I have TBS playing on the TV
    as background while doing chores.

I can do this with 1-3; not ones I enjoyed.

I'll stop when a battle or a good part comes on.

Probably stop chores when #4 comes on and watch the whole thing.:)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

We know IV, V and VI very, very good, but not I, II, III, VII and Rogue One as well. Have seen, and own, all eight movies.

Tim Burr likes this.
  9. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

ole Jedi mind trick

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

And, have a $750 Darth Vader costume. Bought it in April of last year and saved almost $500. Needed some alternations done on the costume, that cost us around $200. Anyway, if my costume was bought in October, it would have cost $1,200. Also have a $150 Lightsaber.

These costs are pretty much nothing, compared to some Star Wars collectors. We seen items and costumes (with people in them) at the 2017 Star Wars Celebration in Orlando that cost much more than mine did. And, my Vader costume is pretty authentic.....looks like David Prowse stepped right out of it on the set.

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I think you posted a photo of you in it, didn't you? I remember seeing it.

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I'd have to look on the forum for it, but I think I posted a picture of me in my old, much less expensive, costume. That costume cost around $70. We sent it to a young nephew.

My wife has a nice jump-suit type Stormtroopers costume and full helmet. Bought her a Blaster and I repainted it and then sprayed with clear laquer. Earlier this year, we bought a holster for it.

One thing for sure, this Halloween, I will leave my helmet off until someone wants our picture. Sure don't want to fall again!