Still The Beaver

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ken Anderson, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Also known as The New Leave it to Beaver, to differentiate it from the movie by that name, Still the Beaver ran from 1983 to 1989, but is not widely distributed.

It wasn't a cheap remake of a good series, as many of them are. It features many of the regulars from the Leave it to Beaver series, only the kids are the parents, while Barbara Billingsley is the grandmother. Beaver is divorced and living with his mom and kids. He works for Lumpy Rutherford but, as his father did in the original season, Lumpy has a recurring role but doesn't show in most episodes.

Even Ken Osmond is back, as Eddie Haskell. In fact, his real kid plays his kid in the series, in much the same way that his father did. He was in the movie too but has no other movie credits other than a video short in 2017.

Like the original, Still the Beaver is about the kids, the children of the kids in the original show, while the parents play a supporting role.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  2. Ken Anderson

I only saw a few episodes while it was running, but I like it. The kids are adorable and Beaver, Wally, and Eddie couldn't be more recognizable.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I ha e a vague memory of it, so I probably saw a few episodes also.

Is it on Netflix or anywhere now?

4. Ken Anderson

It may be on Youtube but it's not on any of the streaming services I have. I bought DVDs that were of the homemade variety, so the picture quality is not so sharp, but it's easily watchable.

Chrissy Cross likes this.