Stimulus Checks Arriving!

Discussion in 'Money & Finances' started by Peter Renfro, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Just curious, but do you believe there is anyone in Georgia who hasn't already made up their mind who they are voting for?

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Here is the message from President Trump, explaining what the spending bill contains. It explains really well where all of the money would be going if he agreed to what Congress is sending him.
    it looks like they are going to agree to his change from the $600 to the $2000 for covid relief payments, which is much better, but there are a lot more decisions to be made before this is actually going to be passed and sent out to people.
    If Pelosi had not hindered this for so many months, the president could have sent out help to the American people way before now.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Very few. It's really all about who can turn out their supporters. Historically turnout in runoff elections here is very low.

One group of interest are those Republicans who voted for Biden, but still voted Republican down ballot for Senate in the general election. There were quite a few of them. Will they show up? How will they vote this time?

I'll still be surprised if both Republicans don't win.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  5. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm donating my $2000 to the Hunter Biden Defense movement.

Howl

6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

From the news this morning it looks like the House has agreed to separate the stimulus from the rest of the omnibus junk and is also agreeing to $2000 per citizen as the amount. If the President signs it into action the first checks should be wheeling out sometime late next week.

That’s the news for this hour. It could change in the next hour....or minute....or second.

7. Yvonne Smith

This defense movement, @Hal Pollner ? I fail to see any humor in your post.

BBE2ED12-079F-49B9-BBB6-AF42ABA68FE6.jpeg

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Apparently the GOP has blocked the changes. :rolleyes:

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep, the Deal has been blocked by Republicans, whom Trump was mad at for not doing anything about the election. Congress will come back on Monday and try to get the Deal passed. Nothing like Washington politicians living "the good life" while part of America is suffering.

10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The politicians are indeed keeping the American people wholly confused and ticked.
    As for myself, I would rather do without the derned taxpayer paid buy off and forget the whole matter if it’s going to cause all this confusion.

People be like, “let’s get a lottery ticket and then go home and figure out what we’re going to spend all that money on when we win.”.
    And like the lottery, when it comes to government and money, the citizens who have invested in it rarely if ever win.

11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Given all the money we give away to countries that hate us and to organizations whose mission is to turn the US into a third-world nation, I am all in favor of getting whatever I can.

Bobby Cole and Beth Gallagher like this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

It always aggravates the hell out of me when Congress can't pass a bill about ONE THING, without stuffing all kinds of extra bullcrap into it. More game playing while some Americans are desperate.

Ken Anderson and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Yvonne, that was "left-handed" humor...don't ya get it?

I would gladly donate my $2000 to his Prosecution!

Merry Christmas!
    Hal

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

President Trump signed legislation on Sunday evening that provides crucial government spending and $900 billion in pandemic-related stimulus after demanding that the bill be amended in various ways.

The president “has signed H.R. 133, an Act making consolidated appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2021, providing coronavirus emergency response and relief, and for other purposes,” White House spokesperson Judd Deere stated Sunday evening.

The entire $2.3 trillion omnibus spending bill, which funds the government through September 2021, passed both chambers of Congress on Monday night with overwhelming support.

The $900 billion coronavirus relief portion of the bill includes $600 stimulus checks, extends two federal unemployment programs, provides an additional $300 in weekly jobless benefits, and adds another round of the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) for small businesses.

https://www.yahoo.com/money/president-trump-signs-the-900-billion-stimulus-deal-012610635.html

15. Yvonne Smith

According to this statement from our President, he said they are approving the $600 stimulus, but expect to upgrade it to the $2000 that he has been asking for tomorrow.

3AEAFB37-49CE-495C-981F-2288DE1F1B9D.jpeg