Streets Of Laredo

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Ken Anderson, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This mini-series aired in 1995, a time when I was still teaching for Texas Technical College, working on EMS tutorials which I was selling as shareware, and probably working some shifts with ACT Ambulance in preparation for buying into it, so I wasn’t watching a lot of television.

I am watching Streets of Laredo on Starz right now, and you can’t beat the cast when it comes to a Western. The cast includes James Garner, Sissy Spacek, Sam Shepard, Ned Beatty, Randy Quaid, Wes Studi, Charles Martin Smith, and even George Carlin, as regulars. It also has Jack Garner, whom I had never heard of, in a minor role, but I see that his brother cast him in various roles in Maverick, Rockford Files, the New Maverick, and the Bret Maverick series, but he also appeared in occasional parts or as a semi-regular in several series, such as Daniel Boone, Alias Smith and Jones, Medical Center, Mannix, Gunsmoke, Emergency, the Waltons, and several others, but his last credit was in the Rockford Files in 1999.

Anyhow, Streets of Laredo is about a retired Captain from the Rangers, now working as a bounty hunter (James Garner), who is hired by the railroad to track down a young sniper, who kills people from a distance.

It’s a sequel to the Lonesome Dove (1989) series, but ignoring the events in Return to Lonesome Dove (1993).

2. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I didn't see that back when when it was a miniseries. Is that from McMurtry's book, "Streets of Laredo?" I would read the book if it came from that book.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yes.