Style

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Patsy Faye, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I have a lot if expensive costume jewelry my daughter has bought for me or given me hers when she gets tired of it.

I have a lot of Stella Dot and Kate Spade. I used to like Brighton and have quite a few of their items.

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I am a wise shopper so you cannot expect me to follow fashion. But I have a cousin who would buy an expensive item just to have a fashion statement among her circle. I remember an article that I read in Time Magazine. Ralph Lauren, the maker of Polo products - perfume and clothing - said that his products are priced higher than usual not really because of the quality but to maintain class. His principle in business is to exploit the law of supply and demand so he would produce a limited number for a particular item. And when the supply is less than the demand, it would be reasonable to increase the tag price.

Kitty Carmel and Patsy Faye like this.
  3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

That's it in a nutshell Corie
    The most stupid occurrence was when I was at work and a girl there showed me a shirt (shop window) she was going to buy
    for her boyfriend, it was a hefty price
    Two days later I saw the exact same shirt cheaper in another shop, I excitedly told her - Oh no, she says - I want the dearer
    one. But they're the 'same' says I but there was no chance of persuading her
    What a plonker, thought I :p

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Well, here is my new foot-gear, ordered it from Amazon and just got them today. Am I stylin now, or what ? image.jpeg

Patsy Faye likes this.
  5. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I dress for comfort rather than style, but I have heard my style be said to be neatly casual. I think that is the best and most comfortable look for most things. However, if I had an occassion to really dress up, I woul do so. I just don't get invited to formal events I guess..:p

6. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I like to have a couple of stylish items, but i mainly dress in items that can be worn for a long time. Now that i am retired, i need to items to be classic and can be worn for more than a season and more than one year.

7. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yes, they are @Patsy Faye ! But they ARE stylish ones, right ? I have been doing water exercises to help strengthen my legs, and read that swim fins help with that because they give you extra resistance when doing the water exercises.
    I splurged and ordered a pair of them, and since they are so pretty, I not only wrote about the benefits of them in my "water exercise" post (health/wellness) ; but thought I would give you a smile if I posted a picture of them here in your "Style" thread.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  9. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Yvonne Smith - I'm grinning from ear to ear and thank you for the thought :D
    Its good to smile but the heat is just too much, so I'll sign off now. I'm sure you look very pretty in the flippers, love the colour
    I'm really chuffed (pleased) you posted the above, I can settle down now, very happily smiling :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.