Surprise Disc Drive!

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Hal Pollner, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Hal, you don't have to quit/exit your reply box.

What is going to happen is this after you click 'upload a file':

Uploading a file (choose your file) will automatically take you to your directory/libraries. Then you search through your directory/(ies) for the photo you want to upload; select the photo you want and it will be uploaded into your reply box.

As long as you are choosing your file you will remain connected to the reply box, if you leave your reply box to choose a file that's closing the reply box and you have to start over again.

Hope this helps.

2. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I have to leave my reply box to get to my Photo Gallery.
    OK, Von, then let's see if it takes me to my directory/libraries!

Nope! it took me to a page with all kinds of items I don't understand, but no "directory libraries".

BUT it also took me to an adjacent page with 24 pictures that I had previously managed to transfer from my 400-picture photo gallery, but I had to leave the reply box and go to the Photo Tile, then scroll through my mass of photos to find one to transfer, but most of the time they didn't transfer.

I would like to spend 60 seconds in a room locked from the outside with the Microsoft engineer who
    designed Windows Ten!

Hal

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  3. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Whatever you do after you 'choose a file' don't leave that's why your photos won't transfer because they have no place to transfer to.

4. Hal Pollner

Registered

Let's see.....Do I have to enter the picture's file name in the "choose file" box?

Hal

5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

No.

Select/highlight it and click open; the photo should transfer immediately (you should see a bar near the top of the screen once you're back to your reply box. The bar should have a repeating motion which means it's transferring the photo you selected and opened.

6. Hal Pollner

Registered

"Windows 10 for Dummies" was published in 2018 and "Windows 10 for Seniors" was published in 2017.

My W10 All-In-One Computer may have made its appearance AFTER the books were published, hence no information about the disc drive usage.

I'll check with Best Buy, where I bought my computer.

Hal

7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Hal, you can google any question you have about Windows 10 or your particular desktop computer model and get up-to-date information.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Hal Pollner

Registered

9. Hal Pollner

Registered

HEY VON,

My computer is the compact "All-in-One" version of the bulky old Windows Ten machine that had a seperate CPU tower.

To upload a picture file, first I click on the Mountain Icon on the task Bar at the bottom of my screen. This takes me to my 300-picture Photo Gallery.

Next, I scroll to the picture I want, then double click on it and it becomes a full-screen picture. Then I right-hand double click and it fills the screen with several options.

I click on "save as", which then takes me to another screen which has 44 previously loaded images, and I click on the newly-selected image by clicking on "save" at the bottom of the screen.

THEN I click on "Upload a File" and it takes me to my small 44-picture gallery, (which now has 45 pictures), where I then click on the new image, previously transferred from my 300-picture gallery.

Then I click on "open" and a thumbnail version of the new image appears below my post sign-off.

Finally, I click on the "full Image" thumbnail and this is what you see after 11 clicks!

Hal

920-49151-2.jpg

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020