Switch Off!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Patsy Faye, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Some people make me switch off the TV or radio - the following are examples
    Paul McCartney and Ringo - Ugh !
    And the obnoxious Lisa Lampanelli - so called comedienne - Ugh !
    Here she is
    [​IMG]
    Who do you turn off ? .....................

Krissttina Isobe and Joe Riley like this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, the TV does have an "Ignore" button! Ellen Degeneres!

3. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Joe Riley - I haven't had that pleasure Joe :p although I do know who you are referring to (just glimpses)
    I would have misses the obnoxious Lisa, but I tuned into the Apprentice and there she were :eek::(

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Could you watch a show like Last Comic Standing? The comedians on there get sarcastic, obnoxious and comical. Actually, sarcasm and being obnoxious comes with comedy. I can sometimes get the same way when I'm joking around. My wife's sister doesn't like it, but then again, not much of a "sense of humor" with her. My wife doesn't mind it at all because she loves my humor and we have watched Last Comic Standing.

Martin Alonzo and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I really like Last Comic Standing, but then I fancy myself an amateur comedian! We all of shows that we don't like though. For me it is almost anything on Fox News. Hint: It's only on if a certain friend is visiting. I also don't like certain so called comedy shows. All the sitcoms, with the exception of Modern Family which is more than a bit out there sometimes. are mediocre in nature in my opinion. Well Big Bang Theory that one is funny. I was watching Superstore and the football game last night. Superstore is..hmm another mediocre comedy.

6. Patsy Faye

Registered

7. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

You may not be able to relate to this comment but let me go on. We seldom watch news on tv because of the rash pronouncements of our president. What made it worse is that he is trying to destroy a lady senator by using unconfirmed accusations related to illegal drugs. The lady senator for her part is committee chairman of the senate's extra judicial killing hearing so it is an affront to the president's campaign against illegal drugs. The picture now is that the president and the lady senator is using the media as their venue for ranting.

Aside from the news, the prime time TV has nothing to offer except dramas filled with love stories starred by love teams of all color and sizes. It's really annoying sometimes so we are just too glad that we have cable tv. At least there are alternative channels that are sensible enough like the food channel, travel and sports.

8. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Twilight Zone is one that I just can't wrap my brain around so I just doch n't watch it. Twilight Zone is on MeTv. I just switch channels when Twilight Zone is on. I don't like the zany stories Twilight Zone has.

Joe Riley likes this.
  9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Good question.......!
    [​IMG]

10. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Krissttina Isobe - I'm just guessing - but am I right you don't like the 'Twilight Zone' gal ...........:D

11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Twilight Zone is actually a legendary 1950'-60's television series, hosted by iconic screenwriter Rod Serling. It is considered a classic 50's program, and many people still talk about some of the episodes, like the little man on the airplane wing, or the one called "To Serve Man".
    Many of our greatest actors and actresses appeared for some of their early performances (before becoming famous) on a Twilight Zone series. One of the highlights of watching Twilight Zone, besides the incredible stories, is watching for younger versions of famous movie stars.

There was no such thing as a Twilight Zone Gal, so @Krissttina Isobe is not talking about a comedian she didn't like at all, she is just talking about a program she doesn't understand and enjoy.
    Here is a short video about the Twilight Zone that helps to explain its unique popularity everywhere, and for over 50 years of enthralled Twilight Zone watchers.
    @Patsy Faye , I am sure that after watching this informational video , you will also want to go to Youtube and check out some of the great episodes yourself. They are pretty much all epic, so you can't go wrong on which ones you pick.

12. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Yvonne Smith - ha ha Yvonne, you gave me a giggle with 'Twilight Zone' (gal) :p
    I know the programme very well, it was a favourite of ours when it was shown many years ago over here
    Pleased you mentioned You Tube, will be getting some episodes to look at - will take us back to the
    good times :)

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I haven't had network television for a while so I don't know what she's doing now, but I used to enjoy the Ellen Degeneres Show until she came out as a lesbian years ago. I couldn't have cared less that she was a lesbian; that wasn't it, but after she came out, the whole show was agenda driven, and it was no longer funny. Okay, so you're a lesbian. Now can you go back to being funny?

Patsy Faye and Bobby Cole like this.
  14. Krissttina Isobe

Registered

:)I understand that the show gave many actors their beginnings to stardom which is great, but it's just not for me...at the time I was more of a Lassie, Daniel Boon, kind of a fan, sorry...we all got our tastes.

15. Krissttina Isobe

Registered

:)I like the fact that Twilight Zone gave many actors & actresses their beginning to stardom, but content is not to my taste. I like other shows at the time...guess we all have our different tastes.

Patsy Faye likes this.