Tarpaulins

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Corie Henson, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Since tarpaulins are getting cheaper here, we tested a print of 2 feet by 4 feet photo of our pets. That tarp is not a poster or anything, it's just to cover the hole in the roofing of our garage, hahahaaa. But it's cute because as my husband said, birds will be surprised to see the photos of our dogs on that tarp.

We have plans of using a tarp in lieu of wallpaper. Our garage is needing a repaint and we are thinking of installing wallpaper instead. But my husband has that idea of using a tarp. We can print a mosaic in the tarp that will cover the 15 feet by 8 feet of tarp that will cover one wall of the garage.

What do you think, people?

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have never even heard of being able to print on a tarp. Here, most of the tarps are the blue plastic ones, and you seldom ever see an actualcanvas tarp, like they used to make.
    So.... I have two questions, Corie. first, what are the tarps made of in the Philippines ? Are they plastic and bright colored like the ones we get here from Walmart, or are they an actual canvas material tarp ?
    Secondly, I am wondering how in the world you are getting a whole tarp printed ? Do you have to send it somewhere that has a large enough pronter to print a whole tarp ? We have a similar service from Walmart, but they do it on a tapestry, and it is extremely expensive to have this done with a picture.
    Please, do elaborate on this process for us.

3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith the common tarp here is the soft type made of cheap canvas. But there is the expensive type used in billboards which is also made of canvas but more durable. And tarps are generally cheap at 10 pesos per square foot. So if you want a tarp of 4 feet by 2 feet, that would be a total of 8 square feet times 10 pesos = 80 or around $2. That's how much it costs for that tarp that covers the hole of our driveway's roofing. And yes, the tarp maker has a big, wide color printer for that.

For occasions like birthdays or anything, you would see tarps because it is cheap. You can imagine the prevalence of tarps during the election period. They are so many.