Teasia Coffee

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Ken Anderson, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't have the words to describe this coffee, but it's much different than any other coffees that I have tried, and I am always looking for something new and good in coffee.

It is a single origin, whole-bean, Congo Kivu coffee. The description on Amazon suggests that it has "a pleasant bitterness in the finish" and that might be an accurate description, except that "bitterness" is generally not seen as a good thing, and I like this coffee.

I bought the light roast because I don't like my coffee to be too strong and, while some medium roast coffees are just fine, others are too strong for me.

I am just now drinking my first cup of it. I made a pot of coffee using that same amount of beans, and the same grind, that I would use for other coffees that I make, but it came out very light in appearance as if I hadn't used enough beans, but it has a full flavor.

Because it does have a unique taste, my assumption is that it might not be a good choice for everyone.

It costs $16.99 for a 2-pound bag on Amazon at this time. Although I have entitled this "Teasia Coffee," this review is for their Congo Kivu coffee only, as I haven't tried any of their others. I probably will try their variety pack next to see if I like any of their other coffees and will get back to this thread at that time.

teasia.jpg

Bill Boggs likes this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I pretty much just stay with good ole Foldgers coffee...cheaper and still tasty:p

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Many brands prevalent in my youth around Chicago-land were not sold where my wife grew up, one state to the east. She never heard of Thomas J. Webb Coffee, for example.
    Frank

4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I hope you'll let us know how your coffee is after you've gone through a bag of it and if you try the variety pack. Since my birthday back in May, I have been drinking a coffee called Blue Bottle Coffee. I was given a subscription for my BD, a blend if this coffee called Bella Donavan. I get a twelve once pack every other week. This Bella Donavan is a blend of coffees from Ethiopia and Sumatra. It's good coffee.

I do enjoy trying new coffees and a good number of those I looked at on Amazon I have tried but yours was new to me, so wondering, will the last drop be as good as that first one?

Ken Anderson and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered