Tesla Electric Automobiles

Discussion in 'Energy & Fuel' started by Yvonne Smith, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I believe it was Nikola Tesla who thought he could transmit electrical power through the air without wires, like radio waves. Had he succeeded, an electric car could run without batteries. Only then would an electric vehicle be very practical, IMO.

2. Ken N Louis

Ken N Louis Veteran Member
    Registered

@Ike Willis With electronics being invented, in this day and age, it won't be long..I do believe that the auto/oil companies will buy out any new inventions!! But I hope someone will resist!!

If someone can invent a charger that would work on motion of the vehicle that might work!!
    1912 Detroit Electric car
    . hh.jpg

3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Nikola Tesla car was a pierce arrow that ran with a antenna and a black box which disappeared on his death.

Ike Willis likes this.
  4. Ike Willis

Registered

I use a mobility scooter to get around the downtown area where I live. When I'm going down a hill steep enough to overcome any power output of the motor, the motor acts as a charger, putting some power back into the batteries. It does that also when I let up on the throttle to stop. I bought a PaceSaver by Leisure lift. It's American made and built to perform well on hills. And where I live, everything is on a hill.

18030.jpg

5. Ike Willis

Registered

In 1917 there was being built a car called the Woods dual powered auto. It had a 4 cylinder gas engine in front and batteries in the rear to power an electric motor. It you ran out of gas, you could still get home.:)

79d50c640a83e39cdecec20ae07803d2.jpg 13.jpg