Texting

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Hal Pollner, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Veteran Member
    Patron Registered

Indeed not, especially if one expects to text on any one of the items you are depicting.
    Texting is normally accomplished on a cellphone type of instrument which requires good eyesight, skinny finger tips, (as opposed to fat fingers)and the willingness to type on a small keypad stuff that makes no sense to anyone other than fellow texters.

Now, it seems that in the last few years that some texters have decided to take away the “t” in text and replaced it with an “s” and ended the whole of it with the normal “ing”.
    This type of texting takes little or no practice nor expertise and is easily understood albeit there are many problems that might occur should one accidentally send it to their mother-in-law.
    THAT, would bring a whole new meaning to being caught with one’s pantaloons down.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  2. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I think the concept is pretty much the same. It's just an ongoing conversation you read instead of hear.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yowzah, Beth!
    Hal

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Staff Member Greeter Patron Registered

I don't text often, although it comes in handy when I just want to send someone a reminder, such as to ask my wife to pick up something at the store. If I called her, she might argue that I didn't need it, as I would her.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I use texting more than calling. Mainly because others still work, and have different schedules. By texting I do not expect to get a reply immediately.
    I can or can not answer when ever I am ready-same for them. It helps also with long winded talkers. There are many reasons to text versus calling.
    However, if I really want to know how someone is doing- I call- their voice says it all.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Greeter
    Staff Member Greeter Patron Registered

Sometimes I'll text someone to wish them a Happy Birthday or something. Most often, I'll take the even easier way out, and do it on Facebook. When I call someone for such a reason and they don't have time to talk to me, I feel insulted, and that's kind of silly when I didn't really want to talk to them anyhow. So it's safer just to text.

Thomas Stearn and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

And more often than not, it's appreciated by them for the same reason. Some people have to answer phone calls all day long. I heard them sigh: "Why don't they just text?"

8. Duane Dutchell

Duane Dutchell Well-Known Member
    Registered

I only text when I drive. It gives me something to do with my hands.

Yvonne Smith likes this.