Thanks Be To The Creator, I Avoided Shingles. Mostly...

Discussion in 'Diets & Dieting' started by Jeff Elohim, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I did not know all about the relation of shingles to nutrition, so did not "on purpose" do anything special...

I saw this just now searching duckgo> https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffsb&q=diet+for+shingles&ia=web

and it is amazing how much they know about what prevents and what causes shingles...

I know a lot of people who have had shingles, and had no idea what to do about it so just suffered and took drugs.

Did anyone have better results here ?

2. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

I took the shingles vaccine a few years ago..
    Early this year, I contacted shingles.. the vaccine will NOT prevent shingles but if you get it, it will be mild..
    Most cases are really bad with pain and blisters that last for sometimes years..
    I had NO pain, No blisters, and it lasted for only 4 short weeks.. I didn't take any drugs at all..

3. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I didn't know anything about diet when having shingles. I really didn't have much of an appetite because it was a terrible time just dealing with the pain. From browsing the link I believe I was pretty much on point with foods that were listed but I don't think that helped much having the shingles.

4. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Von.. Most likely not..
    Only the shingles vaccine will help you for shingles..
    Eating properly is always a good thing, but when you are sick, you must do what you have to do to get well...

Von Jones likes this.
  5. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Browsing, searching online specifically for shingles, there are several remedies not drugs.
    I did get a short , couple days , bout with shingles decades ago when I was under stress.
    A common remedy for shingles is b6, both to prevent it and to make it go away.
    Other things naturally work also, without needing a doctor's intervention , if nothing serious is involved.

Von Jones likes this.