That's Gratitude For Ya!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Brittany Houser, May 12, 2015.

1. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

Richard Paradon likes this.
  2. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

Brittany Houser likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

A woman at our local grocery store misunderstood a few things a few days ago. When I came out of the store, she was speaking the manager of the store about a truck parked next to my car. She wanted the manager to call the police department because a dog had been left inside of the truck while its owner was shopping. That might sound reasonable except that temperatures were in the mid-60s or lower and the pick-up truck was left running, no doubt for the purpose of running the air conditioning. Plus, when someone bring a dog to the store in a pickup truck around here, it's nearly always a guy, and guys don't spend much time in grocery stores, and the chances were that the truck wasn't even locked. I've seen that sort of thing before, where someone misunderstand the reason why something is wrong, and objects to it even when those conditions don't exist.

4. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree there are always the nosy busybodies who freak out when you smack your child, or leave a dog in a car. I would be very careful about jumping the gun in any situation like that. But if there was genuine distress, and temps were topping 80, I'd be upset.

5. Val White

Val White Veteran Member
    Registered

This said it all for me

I knew there'd be consequences, but it didn't matter," Hammons told WAGA TV "Glass, they make new glass every day, but they could never replace that dog."

6. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I live in the country NE of Houston, Texas, and we see this quite often. So far no one has been arrested for this action, and I hope never to see it.
    What drives me crazy is when people dump their Christmas pet gifts out here. Every spring, you will see dozen and dozen of young dogs trying to find their owners. It is heart wrenching. I want to rescue them all, but I watch my mother go under trying to do just that. As it is, I have three rescue dogs living with me now.

7. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

This man should be commended not arrested. Yes, he did do something that could be classified as breaking and entering, but he did as a good samaritan. This dog could of suffocated and died had it not been for this man. If I was the owner of this dog I would of have dropped all charges against him and been grateful to him for caring for my dog, then made a promise not to do someting like this again. Maybe the owner didn't think it was that hot out, but what some fail to realize, its maybe in the eighties outside it is in the nineties in the car. Sometimes we think we won't be gone that long but end up getting tied up somewhere unexpectedly, so this owner should be grateful not angry.