The Birds And The Bees Story

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Hedi Mitchell, Oct 18, 2024 at 5:52 PM.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

After reading so many posts today and strolling down memory lane, began to make me think of many ole time things.How old were you and how did you find out about ,well sex, Back then you could not really say that least in mixed company.
    I was maybe 8 when I girl at a school told me how her kitty had wee wee'd while she went to do something and when she came back - kitties. There were kitties in the box Umm, I was not buying that at all.
    Shortly after that, I was told the B&B story. That was ok for birds and bees but how did I get here ?
    I was told in a more grown up manner of how all humans are born. Guess they made themselves clear, so never asked again. From there, many books and magazines later, I had a clear understanding of conception.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I believe I learned the actual facts in a 6th grade Health class on human reproduction. I recall that the girls were separated from the boys for those classes. Lots of giggling going on.

3. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I learned about reproduction from health class in grade school too. The teachers would gather us little girls into the gym and tape paper over the gym door windows so the boys couldn't peek in. :D:D I also learned about it from reading books and from my older cousins and friends. My mother never told me a thing. She only told me to make sure I read those pamphlets that I brought home from school. It was too embarrassing for her to talk about it, I guess.

4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

My mother was the same. I think she was relieved that she didn't need to discuss it with me. I also have a cousin who is a couple of years older than me; she spilled a lot of beans. :D

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yeh, my 6th grade teacher was assigned that dubious honor.
    "Your bodies will be changing..."

I never heard a thing about it at home.

6. John Brunner

It's an odd thing, isn't it? There never seems to be a middle ground with shame...people either have too much or they have none at all.

[​IMG]

That hussy! You can see her bare feet!!!! Don't look, son.​

Marie Mallery and Krystal Shay like this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Learned some at school but mostly from other kids who had the talk with their parents.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

At eight it was a lot of information. Since parents worked two jobs, my dad told the truce facts of life. Mother did about the "monthly thing" and also in 6th grade there was a film we watched. My transformation into woman hood came 2 mos after my 10th BD. Still it was a shock for me, and did happen at home. I was allowed to stay home that day.
    A I grew and began babysitting, the joys of all those True Love mags filled in the gaps of love in a whole new light. So grateful I could read and dictionary was my friend :cool:

9. John Brunner

I still don't know what birds & bees have to do with human reproduction. Heck, the queen bee is the only female who has sex, and the drones are the only males who have sex. And they have sex with the same queen...all 200 of them, while the worker bees watch! That's one heck of a lesson.