The Dumbest Generation?

Discussion in 'Education & Learning' started by Ed Wilson, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

"The Dumbest Generation" is the Title of the Thread. I forget the Topic/ Opening Post, so I'm going to go read it now then come back.

"my Maintenance Department" was the hospital staff, doctors, pharmacists, nurses, technicians, and custodial workers (janitors, etc , cleaning up) .

The smartest of them all seemed by far to be the custodial workers. The others cowtowed to the establishment, probably first to look for a job, to get the "right" education that the establishment approved of and would give the most brownie points for, then to keep their jobs - they all had to bow down to big pharma and stay in line with the gestapo-enforced methodologies and protocols in all areas of the various practices in the hospital. If they stepped out of line, no matter what the reason, they knew they were subject to censure, loss of pay, loss of job, court-martial, captains mast, or just being given the worst hours and unwanted tasks to do, all at the whim of anyone over them, and often possibly based on any report by anyone with a grudge or a chip on their shoulder - justice and honesty and comraderie was basically unknown (a surprise to me, and sad) except for those goose stepping with the regime in power.

===============break here to go read the op==================

2. Jeff Elohim

Registered

A few perspectives or comments that might indicate how far from reality society is today. (and truthfully has been for centuries.)

3. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Once someone sees the "repairs" accomplished, at least some will acknowledge it and be glad.

When someone sees the "repairs" accomplished healing someone, they usually deny it and claim it didn't actually happen - doctors even claiming the first diagnosis was in error, "they never had cncr" or whatever.

But janitors who are suffering, or their family members, who see the "repairs" possible, REJOICE ! and often go and get it accomplished , and even though their own doctors and family or neighbors or fellow chirch people scoff, they just let it go and are content to know the right way for them and their friends and family.

The generation today though ? May well be the dumbest ever.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I’ve been really hesitant in using the word dumb directed at a generation for a reason.
    By definition, dumb is synonymous with “unintelligent” and “ignorant” which I look at and have to muse as to what and who influenced the whole of a generation to be ignorant. What are they ignorant of? Reality.....Life.

Certainly there are intelligent people in the mix and most certainly most are not scholastically ignorant either.
    So, who taught the young ones to be they way they are? Uh......we did.
    The progeny of the baby boomers didn’t sit at the feet of the teachers but learned to defy them in the wake of the feel good movement.
    Our generation didn’t give them the tools to employ their sense of reasoning and we didn’t insist on good teachers to teach.
    As adults, we backed away from teaching our kids right from wrong as we also did when it came time for prayer in schools and patriotism.

We see the results of a root system, good and bad, by the leaves the trees bear.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The most frustrating things for me is when you go to a cashier in the store and your bill is $9.25 and you hand he $10.25 hoping to get a dollar back and she says it is not that much and pushes the 25 cents back to me rings it up on the till and than hands me 75 cents. I ask if she can take the 75 cents and the 25 cents and give me a dollar. Sir that is not possible because the drawer is closed now you need to make a purchase for me to open the drawer.

6. Jeff Elohim

Registered

So what you call "Our generation" was dumb. And did not do right for the kids. So the kids are dumber, without assigning blame to them.
    ie. the leaves the trees bear - the trees were dumb, the resulting offspring dumber.

The exceptions(those who did teach the kids right and godly lives)
    are few , and it is all denied anyway by most of the dumb and dumber, adults and offspring.

7. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Really !? That is the "most frustrating" ?

I would hope and think from some of your posts/ links/ that
    you would be a lot more frustrated when someone gets a medical bill for $100,000.00 for unhelpful, un-necessary methods, protocols, surgeries and drugs;
    especially when for pennies on the dollar, literally, that same someone could have been helped more (hurt less) by the old doctors who took a chicken in trade for his services, back when they might have found an honest doctor.

8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

What you are espousing is that DUMB is a correct description of our progeny. Please do look up the word because I do believe that the term is being used inaccurately.

The majority of the kids of today are not unintelligent but they DO lack the root system or rather the proper teaching to deal with reality. This world is like a movie to them or some sort of video game.
    A brain is a brain is a brain and like a computer it can only connect the dots when there is something to connect to. Some learning connects faster and some slower but when there’s nothing to connect to it isn’t unintelligence that is to blame.

Ignorance doesn’t denote unintelligence by any fashion and people can do dumb things without being dumb.

Don Alaska and Beth Gallagher like this.
  9. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Well, actually, for thousands of years, Jesus calls mankind STUPID (I don't know if He Means Dumb or not), naked, pernicious (death dealing). Mankind seeks evil and plans evil and does evil. Simple. If that is not both stupid and dumb, what is ?

10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I do not know what version you’re reading but I have read the kJV Bible in it’s entirety at least 15 times and spent years in Seminary and beyond and have never ONCE read where Jesus said mankind is stupid.

When people do stupid things is doesn’t mean they’re stupid. Eve was disobedient and Adam followed suit and what’s more Adam blamed God for giving him Eve but the bottom line is that man didn’t inherit stupidity, he inherited Sin.

If you wish to call every human on the face of the earth stupid because “there are none righteous, no not one” or manifestly sinful then look in the mirror and tell yourself that you are stupid but by doing so you’re admitting that God made you that way.
    The Bible tells us that we are WONDERFULLY made by God and if you wish to buck the Bible then do so at your own risk.

Jeff, I love the fact that you are a staunch believer but you seriously need to study harder because it’s embarrassing. II Tim. 2:15 for a reference.

Lois Winters and Martin Alonzo like this.
  11. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Jeff Elohim

Albert Einstein remarked before he died that if the human existence continued on it's then present course, we will have created generations of Idiots!

Frank

12. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Veteran Member
    Registered

Allow me another stupid question. Couldn't we parallel -in some way- Katu's words ("The day the earth stand still") with Einstein's ?

13. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Silvia Benoit

Yes; however, I only vaguely remember the dialogue since I was only nine when we saw the movie. It is undecidedly one of my favorites!

Frank

14. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

In some ways we are all dumb or unknowing, I suppose. What's important to one generation
    is often a non issue with the children or grandchildren of that generation. I'd say when we look
    at the whole ball of wax most ofus are lacking.

Nancy Hart and Beth Gallagher like this.
  15. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Veteran Member
    Registered

In so many words he told the people: "We have learned to live in peace (other galaxies)...Behave properly or we will destroy you; The way you act is a threat to us all."

The movie is as actual today as when it was filmed on 1951.