The End Is Near For Windows 7

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Hal Pollner, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks for the willingness to help, Bess, but I think they should take that girl out and spank her!
    I followed her instructions to the letter several times, but all I ever got was a notice saying "module is missing". I spent over 15 minutes trying to get my system back to the previous configuration after several shutdowns!

Hal

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

If it works, don’t fix it.
    If it takes too long to boot up, it’s “might” one of two things. Impatient operator or ya need to get off of DSL.

Don Alaska and Bess Barber like this.
  3. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

@Hal Pollner Sorry. I didn't watch the video. Wish it would've been able to help. You could probably tweak it if you were computer savvy, but most computer owners, like me, just aren't.

4. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks ennyway, Bess...you're a great gal!

Howl

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

From what I have been told, most of the computers now days are not meant to be shut down after use like the older ones were. Even before I started the changeover from a desktop to my easy-to-use iPad, I didn’t ever shut my computer down at night. After being inactive, it just went to sleep, and any other computers I have had experience with worked the same way.
    We had a Dell XPS-18, all-in-one, and it went to sleep and then woke up with a keyboard tap, and so do our iMac desktops , as well as the iPads.
    You might want to just try this and see if it helps the situation, @Hal Pollner .

Bobby Cole likes this.