The Equalizer

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ike Willis, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Watched a movie called 'The equalizer' starring Denzel Washington last night. If you like blood and gore, it was great. In it, Denzel's character killed the whole Russian mafia. He killed most of them without a gun. Lots of stabbing, slashing, clubbing, beating, hanging and electrocuting deaths. He killed one guy with a nail gun, which reminds me of a story, right out of my misspent life. (Everything reminds me of a story).

The time was in 1959. I was working in a wood sash and door plant in my home town. My job was to make a stack of finished window sash on my bench, then nail strips of wood on each side on the stack, to hold them together, then load the stack on a cart for someone to take to the warehouse when the cart was full.There was one other stacker working on the next bench. To nail the strips of wood, we used air powered nail guns.
    Outside the doorway to our department was a freight elevator. A fat old man operated it. When he wasn't busy he would stand in the doorway and talk trash to us. Things like, "work faster you guys", or You're doing it all wrong, dummies".
    One day, the other stacker and I had had enough of him. We both opened fire with our nail guns, firing as fast as we could pull the triggers. Tell you what, for a fat old man, he could move pretty fast when a hail of nails was coming at him.
    Unfortunately, one nail struck his hand point first, and stuck there in it. It was removed and his hand was bandaged. Within a very short time the supervisor came to see us. We both were told any more of that and we both would be fired. The victim was told to stay out of our department also.
    End of story.
    Just another tale from better days.

Von Jones and Diane Lane like this.
  2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:I remember a television series called the Equalizer with Edward Woodward. I really liked this series and was so upset when they terminated it one season.

Here is one episode the pilot of Equalizer:

I really like the series. It was so good and the Equalizer was a show that had given me hope for this sometimes dangerous world we live in. :confused:

Ike Willis likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I've never seen the series, but I did see the Denzel movie, and enjoyed it. That's the type of action movie I like, lots going on to keep my mind occupied, and the 'bad' buy is actually a good guy, which is what I like.

4. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

The Edward Woodward series was on TV in the 1980s. It was shown in the UK, but wasn't much of a hit here and got dumped onto the "graveyard slot" late at night. I think the original was made for CBS and fared better in the US than it did over here.