The Honduran Horde

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Hal Pollner, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I wonder how it would work if they let the women and children (up front) in and turned the guns on the rest of the horde.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

I can see in a few years time with that Idea....Canada will be building a wall and saying America will pay for it..LOL

3. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

All aside what do yall think will actually happen when they reach the US border?

Someone will he hurt I hope it is not 1 of our troops or citizens, I see those coming asking for anything they should get.. They should not be let in not 1.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

I think that it will be a non-event. The caravan still has about 900 miles to go and I think more people will drop out, I've heard various news reports that the original estimate of 7,000 has gradually dwindled down to approx. 4,000. I think a few will be allowed to seek asylum, some will try to sneak in and make it, and most will be apprehended and decide to turn back when given the choice of going back to Mexico or being arrested.

I hope that whatever happens no one gets hurt in the process.

We'll see.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

That will be some time after the election is over. There will be no immediate reason to hype the situation then. Most everyone will forget about it. Some will be granted asylum. Some will not. However it typically goes. Just my opinion.

6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Trump said there was terrorists in the caravan and the media all laughed
    Well here we go again he is right.and even CNN has the proof.
    CNN: Whistleblower reveals passport fraud

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

8. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

I was born a Texan and lived here all my live, did my time in the Army and then Law Enforcement and worked all my life to get where I am today, I do ok, and do not want for much, I have total respect for others that have worked and contributed to the economy of the US and are citizens legally. ZERO feelings for the want it for free crowds and those coming here to take from us that have worked our lives for what we have ZERO I said, NONE! NOT ANY. Let them contribute to their own countries and we use our funds on OUR people who need and have earned the right to benefit from it, our full time welfare leaches also if they are professional want it for free crowds, now those who have an honest need all ok and fine not the families of generations on the free ticket.

Over and out.

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I am also hoping that something similar happens when they do finally get here. As has been mentioned before, they will undoubtedly put all of the women, children, and any elderly who are there, right out in front, which will effectively stop the whole group from breaking down gates and walls like we have all seen in the pictures from Mexico, as well as beating up the border guards stationed there.
    What I think we should do, is —- slowly—- start processing the women and children, and just let the rest of the men who have been being violent stand and wait, and once all of the women and children are safely out of any danger, then if the men get violent like they did with the Mexican police, we can deal with them any way that is necessary to keep them from crashing through into the United States like they did with Mexico.
    If they have weapons (as we have been hearing), and they do get violent and start shooting at our military or border guards, they they certainly know that they can expect retaliation.

The other thing that worries me, is if for some reason, the whole horde of them were somehow able to come into the United States all at once, then there is going to be killing and robbing, and all kinds of violence from these people.
    Since they have been sheltered and fed and transported all of the way here, and then if they get inside our borders as a mob, they will certainly start acting even more violent than they have been doing on the way here.
    People who live close to the southern border need to have a suitcase with valuables (documents and photos) that can’t be replaced, just in case they have to temporarily shelter further away if there is mob attacks.
    I worry especiallly for our @Chrissy Cross , since she lives all alone and is not that far from the border.

I am sure that our president and our military have been working out the strategy for dealing with this, and it will be handled in the best way possible.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I understand there are tent cities currently being st up to hold new arrivals in preparation for repatriation. It is my understanding that most will be sent back to their countries of origin. There are now THREE "caravans" of invaders heading for the border.

Bobby Cole and Martin Alonzo like this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not that close to the border @Yvonne Smith....besides..where would I go?

I don't think it will come to that though...my thinking is similar to that of @Beatrice Taylor.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I am hoping that it will all just blow over, too, Chrissy; but it would not hurt to just pack a suitcase with things that you would not be able to replace, and store it in one of the extra rooms. It is actually good anyway, in case there was a fire, or some other calamity where you had to evacuate on short notice.
    I think that you are far enough away that you should be fine, in any case; and at least you can easily drive to your daughter’s house if things do not end up going smoothly.
    Saying a little prayer for your safety as well......

Bobby Cole and Chrissy Cross like this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I do have a bag like that packed...always have.

Thing is my daughter isn't really any further north....I'm just about 150 miles inland from her.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Falcon(John W.) is a lot closer to the border than I am.

15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I am also thinking it might turn out to be nothing but perhaps for another reason. When it began, it was through the machinations of open-border Democrats and others in this country who believed that it would put Trump and the Republicans in a bad light just before the midterm elections. Having found that it has, instead, served to galvanize Republicans and strengthen the call for a border wall, these same people are wishing they hadn't started it, and are not trying to pretend that Trump had made it all up. They might be trying to reduce its impact or they may have another plan. They may still find a use for their horde but I'm not sure what it might be, except perhaps to stir something up.