The illuminati

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Molly Fenster, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Molly Fenster

Molly Fenster Veteran Member
    Registered

So, the other day I heard my grandchildren talking about something called the illuminati. They tried to explain me what it means but I am still quite confused what it really means. Could someone explain me whats behind this weird eye-cult?

2. Lydia Williams

Lydia Williams Veteran Member
    Registered

Historically, the name refers to the Bavarian Illuminati, which was a real secret society back in the 1770's. From what I understand, some people believe a similar group still exists and is manipulating and controlling things behind the scenes. I haven't looked into it that much but it is an interesting conspiracy, though I'm doubtful such an organization exists. Maybe one that's orchestrating political events, though I doubt it's called the Illuminati, and really, why would they bother doing some things people claim they're doing, like putting hidden messages in songs? My daughter showed me one of those videos showing how some pop star was a member of the Illuminati on YouTube and I laughed at how far-fetched it seemed. Who knows, though?

Edwin Clarke likes this.
  3. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

It's traditionally tied to the early Masons (like from the 1600-1700s) and the Rosicrucians. They are also rumored to have ties to the Knights Templar. They are one of the secret societies that have been around for 100s of years, and are believed to be behind all power in the world - kings, queens, dictators, presidents, etc. They are often alleged to conspire to control world affairs, by masterminding events and planting agents in government and big corporations, in order to gain political power and influence. They have been likened to "puppet masters", in the shadows, pulling the strings and controlling those in power.

Edwin Clarke and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

John F Kennedy spoke about the secret association also warned us that they were trying to take power. After he was killed all other presidents would not mention anything about them. I think all new presidents even so called good ones are taken to a room and shown a movie from the grassy knoll and then told what to do.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

I never knew a thing about them until I read the book....grrrrrr...senior moment.... Hate when that happens. Well, it was a good book and movie as well. Regarding Christ having a family, etc. I am sure somebody can fill in the blanks!

6. Edwin Clarke

Edwin Clarke Veteran Member
    Registered

I guess you are referring to Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code", a great book filled with facts and half truths and outright good imagination. This is great entertainment, but the facts are often shaky - fertile ground for conspiracy theories.

The Illuminati did exist though, founded by an organisational genius, Adam Weishaupt. The Illuninati grew to be a creditable threat to Bavaria. After the Bavarian government shut the organisation down the Illuminati was not stopped, because it had already infiltrated Freemasonry to the highest levels.

All of this would be no more relevant than a fairy story, but check the back of any US one-dollar bill. You will find the Illuminati pyramid-and-eye symbology there to prove that some semblance of the Illuminati is still with us. So much for the facts. Now we are plagued with a host of conspiracy theories to explain these facts, from the unconstitutional privately owned Federal Reserve (fact), to a black pope plotting our mutual demise(pipe dream).

The problem with conspiracy theories is that they are seldom factual enough to be of any use in our daily lives, so we are left twiddling the dollar bill, wondering what life is really all about.

[​IMG]

7. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I never heard of the Illumanati till after the death of Michael Jackson. There are those who believe this society might have been behind what happen to him and that it wasn't an accidental death. But I didn't give much creadence to this. I have found since finding out about this groupl that it seems like everytime something happens that people can't explain they want to blame it on the Illuminati.

As for the DA Vinci Code, we do know this is a book of fiction right. I know that some want to say that the writer put some truths in it but the book was classified fiction, so who really knows for sure.

8. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think the Illuminati is behind everything but There is a group of people who are about the law and are not subject to any governments and the world is being controlled by banks and people not elected, but appointed to places like the UN and all the others groups that are above all governments. They have an army which is not regulated by a elected government or subject to any countries laws. If you think for a moment you have rights Just look up US citizens of Japanese decent 1942 and see what rights you have.

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't know whether they are the Illuminati, but there does certainly seem to be a caste of people in this country who are destined to succeed, no matter what. They can be seen in all genres of American life.

I am referring to those people who are elected to political office despite an inability to think or to speak. Yet, they are not only elected but they are reelected despite making fools of themselves while in office.

But I am also referring to people who are successful in business after business, despite a lack of original ideas, and of those who become successful in the entertainment business regardless of a lack of talent. There does seem to be people who are going to succeed at whatever it is that they want to do, and it seems predestined.

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Dwight Ward and Yvonne Smith like this.