The Minneapolis Scene

Discussion in 'Protests & Riots' started by Hal Pollner, May 29, 2020.

1. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

There seems to be a bit of Civil Unrest in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
    I do hope the participants are maintaining their social distancing...

H.P.

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Our world is totally losing it!

Chris Ladewig likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I was watching a news clip today, from a lady that owns a nightclub there, and she explained that both men had worked together as security guards for her nightclub.
    If that is the case, then the two knew each other, and it might have been something personal.
    The other odd report, is that this officer was said to have been a 19 year veteran, but his immediate neighbors stated that they had no idea that he was in law enforcement.

Here is the news from the television station that talks about the two men working at the same night club .

https://kstp.com/news/george-floyd-...t-south-minneapolis-club-may-28-2020/5743990/

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Hate to say this, but "yep"!

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I would like to know the entire story of what happened.

From what I've heard, Minneapolis has had troubles before. Race problems, that is. Just like Dallas, St. Louis, Houston, Chicago, Cleveland, NYC and other big cities have. Like Memorial Day Weekend, when there was multiple shootings/killings in Chicago, NYC and a few other big cities.

Another thing, it looked like most-to-all of the protesters were Millennials that, for whatever reasons, totally dislike law enforcement. "Let us do whatever we want to, no matter how illegal it is" they are saying.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Cody, that reply sounds very racist. ..... "Those nasty ol' nig.... are at it again." .... I know that you don't have a racist bone in your body.... I'm just saying how that sounds.

The protests began because a white policeman killed a black man...... another one. There is absolutely no excuse for the rioting, burning and looting but I can understand how this sort of thing angers the black people.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

The riots and looting are wrong, but that man was murdered. Just horrible.

Patsy Faye and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

The riots have spread to several other large cities, and peaceful protests definitely does not describe what is happening. Whole police precincts have been torched and burned, as well as businesses looted and burned, that have nothing to do with any of this.

It looks more like either a personal vendetta, or police brutality, but of course, it is being promoted as totally racist. We have been seeing pictures in the news recently of police throwing old women on the ground and handcuffing them just for being out walking their dogs, and other examples of law enforcement going overboard, but no one was even protesting that (because it is “justified” behavior).

The poor elderly person on the nursing home who was being brutally beaten (by a black person) was never in the news. These tragedies are the same, regardless of the skin color of any and all of the people involved.
    Brutality is brutality, and murder is murder, period.

Anyway (I got carried away again), what I wanted to say here was that even the White House is on lockdown. Just this morning, I was reading on Twitter, where some liberal (I forget which one) was telling people to burn down the White House, and it looks like they might be trying to do that.
    We are going to have the national guard called out all over if this keeps up.
    We just thought we were being locked down before.....

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/29/george-floyd-protest-white-house-lockdown-police-car-fire-atlanta/

Bobby Cole and Tom Galty like this.
  9. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I feel every emotion under the sun regarding this atrocity - anger for sure and extreme sadness
    Its about time the policeman was charged but what the hell is 'third degree' !
    It was intentional murder and he should do life for it - never to be free again

10. Yvonne Smith

It is looking more and more like we are not seeing the whole story here. If the two men worked together at the same place for years, it makes sense that they knew each other, at least somewhat.
    It is starting to look like this was a planned event, because within 36 hours, there were protests happening all over the United States in large cities.
    The person who started the rioting in Minneapolis was a policeman for another city, and was recognized. He was wearing a full gas mask, and had a huge steel hammer, and a black umbrella, and went along the sidewalk breaking all of the windows on the Autozone store that was subsequently set on fire by the rioters.
    Pretty much, it was just protesters and not rioters, up until he did that, and even people who were protesting were trying to stop him from breaking the Autozone windows.

It also look like someone was communicating with the leaders of the riots. Here is a picture of one, and you can see that he has a 2-way radio hidden under his cap.

6DF9D9CF-6D6D-44F6-977E-22070671218D.jpeg

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Worse than I thought !
    I wonder now what will happen to this policeman that started the rioting

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

It just seems like on any given Monday AM, I can read about black shootings in killings in the cities I mentioned in my previous posts. There are parts of cities, like Dallas, Houston, Cleveland, Chicago and others that are like a war zone. Just look online (opening page) on Monday AM and there is all of the crime that has happened over the weekend. Memorial Day Weekend saw numerous shootings/killings in these cities.

Watch the tv show 48 Hours and see many homicides, concerning blacks, in Cleveland and Miami. It's almost astonishing!

If a person was investigate into it, there have been numerous blacks that have been killed by cops in the past and those killings were justifiable. An IA (P.D. Internal Affairs) investigation was done and the officer/officers were found "not guilty" as were some that went to court. Just remember, officers want to go home, after their shift, to their families.........not into the morgue!

When I was an EMT, in Los Angeles and Orange Counties (California), one of my partners in the Unit was a black dude named Judd. Judd lived in Compton, knew all of the Compton and Watts P.D. and was excellent at being an EMT. As for myself, I couldn't have asked for a better partner to work with.

There were older blacks, we knew, that lived in our last apartment complex in Jacksonville, FL.. They were all very, very nice.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I will also say this, reconsidering thoughts I had before, I'm now very glad that the officer was arrested and charged. But, what I'd really like to hear from, on CNN, is what a Defense Lawyer would have to say about this officer, and the others that were there. There will be a "Defense" and I'd really like to hear what it is.

Tom Galty likes this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh - I do watch 48 hours and so far, more whites than blacks featured
    A recent black guy was charged with murder over 20 years ago, I still recall his name Kevin Cooper, he is still on
    death row for a murder he 'did not' commit. Good people working on his behalf to get him freed and I pray they
    succeed. Totally innocent, yet the police ignored the 'facts' - the killers have been free all this time because the police
    wanted a quick result

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Actually, Yvonne, do we ever? A whole lot of "assumptions" are being made! This "assuming" is what my last supervisor told me "happens way to much."