The Movie Born Free

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Hannah Davis, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

For those who haven't heard of this movie, its a classic film made back in 1966, and based on a true story. The movies is based on the novel by the same name by Joy Adamson. The story is based on the experiences that she had along with her husband George after they adopted a lion cub name Elsa. Eventually couple decided that Elsa had to be set free into the wild. The only problem was Elsa was domesticated which led to them trying to teach her how to survive in the wild.

This film is fairly simple in its plot, but its quite heartwarming. I can recommend this film to any parent who wants their children to view good wholesome movies, that also have a message in them. While growing up I saw this movie countless times, and I always found myself getting emotional at the end. Now that I am an adult guess what, yes Born Free still has the power to choke me up at the end. I don't know what it is about the ending maybe its the poignant title song that won an Academy Award for best original song that year, or maybe its knowing that this was based on a true story. Whatever the reason the story of Born Free for me is timeless, the movie may have been done back in the sixties but the message still holds true today. If you love something sometimes you have to let it go, but if the love is shared they won't forget you and come back to you.

Pat Davis likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I've seen it a few times, although not recently, and I remember it as being a pleasant movie to watch.

3. Pat Davis

Pat Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks for posting about the "Born Free" movie, Hannah. :) Will be looking to see if I can get it on streaming. Had seen it many years ago, and would like to see it again....had forgotten about it.
    I know what you mean about choking up during the movie...I would take the children when they were young to see the Disney movies, and as we left the theater, I would have tears in my eyes. They were so traumatic to me. :(