The Musical Cats 38th Year

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Hal Pollner, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

"CATS" has been the world's longest-running show in Musical Theater...38 years.

The music is by famed English composer Andrew Lloyd Webber, based on a story by
    T. S. Eliot.
    The performance progresses in Operatic form, with everything being sung. The hit song "Memory" is played and sung often worldwide.

It's a spectacular experience, with great Acting, Songs, Choreography, Costumes, massive stage-filling Sets and unbelievable Visual Effects, including a Locomotive assembled onstage for "Skimbleshanks the Railway Cat"!

I saw it with my first wife, who was a Cat lover. We went to all the biggest Cat Shows and owned some beautiful Cats.
    We had a Limousine pick us up from our residence in Rossmoor, Caifornia and take us to the Hollywood Pantages Theater.

After our divorce, during the 3-1/2 years I was unmarried, I saw it again with a Girlfriend at the Pantages, who was a computer programmer and also a Breeder of Exotic Cats.

Finally, with my present (and final) wife we saw it too; it was my third time!

Hal (Meet Annie, Utah, and Comet)
    221.JPG

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Just to be a little bit of a pedant.. it's 38 years in May since it; first premièred here in London... and 37 years since it premièred on Broadway..

It ran for 21 years here in London, from '81 to 98... and for 18 years on Broadway..

It was revived here in the West End in 2014...and on Broadway in 2016

3. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks for the come-back, Holly!

I have the movie and I'm gonna watch it now!

Sir Harold

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. William DeFox

William DeFox Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I think that a new movie version (not a movie version of the stage performance) is coming out late in 2019, and will feature some major Hollywood talent in the roles...