The Nanny

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Ike Willis, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Watched the Turner Classic movie channel tonight. The Nanny starring Bette Davis. Never saw that one before. I liked it. I like Bette Davis and Joan Crawford movies and watch when I can. The oldies are the best.

In my teen years I had a crush on Shelly Winters. Then I met a little blond gal who looked quite a bit like Shelly Winters. Good times, while it lasted.

Anyone see the movie 'Nebraska'? I must have watched that movie a dozen times. Loved it.

2. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Funny at first I thought you were talking about that sitcom with Fran Drescher, LOL. But then I realized you were referring to a classic Bette Davis film. Funny thing is I love classic movies and like you Davis is one of my favorite film actresses of that era, but I never saw this move. At least I don't remember it if I did see it. How I wish I still had Turner Classic Movies but my cable provider made it a channel that you have to upgrade to get so I lost it in my line up. I use to love to watch this channel practically every day.

Janice Martin and Ike Willis like this.
  3. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I saw and really liked Nebraska. Saw it twice. I like movies about us old folks. :) I also like Turner Movie classics, which I don't get either right now. I like Betty Davis and Joan Crawford but I've never heard of The Nanny. I'll have to look for that one.

Ike Willis likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm another one that missed watching "The Nanny". Will have to look for it now. :)

5. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I thought this thread was going to be about that awful, annoying TV show too! I stopped in purely out of curiosity. LOL I love classic movies, and I raised my kids to love them as well. I remember many Saturday afternoons when I was a kid, watching Charles Boyer, Bette Davis and all the rest. I have never seen The Nanny, but I'm sure gonna find it. I'll bet NetFlix has it.

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I just looked on Netflix and no, they don't have it....I dont think Amazon video has it either.

7. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

Phooey! Now I really want to see it! I wonder where we can find it? Maybe we just have to get lucky and catch it on TV. I'm surprised Netflix doesn't have it. I'll check Hulu. I don't know much about Hulu, but I know they carry movies and TV shows.

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Lately Netflix never has what I want.:(

I dont know much about Hulu either.

9. Same here- I'd never heard of the movie.
    B. Davis was a true super-star- saw many of her movies, enjoyed them all.