The Obesity Code, By Dr. Jason Fung

Discussion in 'Diets & Dieting' started by Yvonne Smith, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is supposed to be the very best book out for explaining how insulin affects weight gain.
    Dr. Jason Fung is a Canadian doctor who specializes in kidney illnesses. Since most kidney problems come from three main sources, heart disease, diabetes, and obesity; Dr. Fung realized that he needed to more about the part that insulin plays in all of these illnesses. He wanted to find out what could be done to help prevent people from getting kidney failure in the first place.
    I don’t have diabetes, but I do have heart problems, kidney failure, and I am overweight (and struggling to lose some of it); so I just bought the ebook today, and I am going to start reading it tonight.

I touched on some of Dr. Fung’s insulin findings in the health thread about OMAD (one meal a day), and since the combination of intermittent fasting and low-carb seems to be working for so many people, I wanted to share more about the book here.
    I have not started reading it yet, but am going to do that tonight. Since I can’t actually share information from the book myself yet, here is an interesting review of the book instead.

http://www.diagnosisdiet.com/obesity-code/

Lulu Moppet, Don Alaska and Joe Riley like this.
  2. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Found a couple probably good source links Adelle Davis was one of the first to expose the american diet , and the failure of the fda or the ama to actually help or protect people. Many many many dis-eases can be easily avoided..... some are noted in the links below.

Vitamin A is absolutely necessarykjbible.net› absolutely.htm
    Dr. Sherman found that vitamin A improved general health, resistance and vigor. A Cleveland clinic learned that a deficiency of vitamin A caused kidney stones and gallstones, while vitamin A (in cod-liver oil) dissolved many stones. 10. Adelle Davis. Let's Eat Right to Keep Fit.

[​IMG]What She Said | Adelle Davis Foundationadelledavis.org› adelle-davis › what-she-said
    “Adelle Davis was a pioneer in the health movement,” according to Dr. Linus Pauling, recipient of two Nobel Prizes and author of several books on vitamin C. “She came to see me about 20 years ago. I had quite a good impression of her. She was essentially correct in almost everything she ...

[​IMG]NUT

3. Jenna Parnellson

Jenna Parnellson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm kind of doing Dr. Jason Fung's Diabetes Code diet ... and have found interesting results with respect to the dumping of excess blood sugar (glucose) from the glucose-stuffed cells (that can't take on any more). I find myself slowly losing weight, as well. Very nice.

Not hard to do, either.

Yvonne Smith likes this.