The Only Problem With Having A Large Family

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Babs Hunt, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I love my large Family with all my heart, but it can get overwhelming at times having such a large family....especially when problems arise and they all seem to arise at the same time.

You want to help your family in their times of trouble or need but when everyone has troubles and needs at the same time...it's just impossible to be there for everyone....no matter how much you wish you could.

Yet when you love them it is also impossible not to want to be there for them. There is so much going on with my siblings and even in some of my children's lives right now and I feel overwhelmed and stressed because besides praying for all of them and listening to them share their troubles...there really isn't much else I can do for them. Yet I still feel their burdens as if they were mine too.

This is a rough "season" in my Family's lives and even though I know this season will eventually come to an end right now I wish I could get a glimpse of that end in sight.

Prayers for this rough season in my Family's lives would be greatly appreciated.

I'm so blessed to have my large, loving family....and so stressed that all the problems they are having are hitting them and me all at the same time. But I know in my heart that this to shall pass...

Thanks for letting me vent a little this morning...

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Even though I'm not in your situation Babs - I see the picture clearly
    As you state - this particular time will pass, unfortunately - another will come along and around we go again.
    I feel the stress you describe too - everyday, and like you, feel at a loss
    We just have to manage as best we can and I wish you the strength needed to do that :)

Babs Hunt, Don Alaska and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We love our family as well, but don't want to live anywhere near them and they absolutely won't move to anywhere we live. IOW, some families get along good-to-great, while others definitely not so good or great.

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Saying a prayer for you and your family, @Babs Hunt , and asking our Lord to put his arms around you and give you a big HUG to comfort you. Even though we know our life is meant to be a series of hills and valleys; sometimes it is hard to climb back out of those low spots in our life, and prayer is often the only hope we have.
    I am glad that you can share this with us, and praying that things will get better with the people you love who are having a struggle right now. Again, just message me if you need a friend to share with......

5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Babs Hunt .. i have been through it all with family. My youngest daughter and her boyfriend who live 5 hours away,cam to town at Christmas.
    They constantly bicker and each have their own set of issues. The boyfriend was our friend and roommate before he and she met - so he and I are close for sure. Anyway their issues were getting to me, and constantly turning to me for answers.
    They had not been here long. when I turned to them both and quietly said " My name is Gloria not Jesus , I can not fix your problems. It was nice seeing you- now get your stuff and go home." Yep Mama had spoken -with shock they gathered their stuff and headed back home. I just knew my daughter would never speak to me again- but she has,she does-everything is good. Except for, not a peep from either one about all their dang issues.
    The other phrase I use when others are in a dilemma- Whatever makes you happy. End of story. Let them all alone- forget their issues and watch yourself feel better all over- well except for a backache now and then:D

6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

When I met my wife for the first time I ask there is so many man in this area why do you haven't a husband. Her reply caught me off guard when she said they are all family. It seem this who country is related that is a joke it just seems that way.

7. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

My thoughts are with you, Babs. As the old saying goes: "You can pick your friends, you can pick a seat, you can even pick your nose, but you can't pick your relatives!" I just sigh and say, "They're idiots but they're MY idiots..."

8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you all for the loving concern and caring you are posting. I definitely want to keep all my Family...I love everyone of them and they love me in spite of the fact that none of us are perfect. Right now the problems are more health and our children's trials. I could never stop being a mom or a sibling, etc. to any of my family members...but as I said with such a large bunch having so many trials at the same time...it is stressful. I don't know what I would do if I didn't believe Jesus is giving me everything I need to walk through this season but even knowing He is providing what I need and what they need too...it is a very weary season of life right now.

I hate seeing my family suffering or in pain, etc. but I do know it is something we all have to face in this life and I can deal better with my own better than I can with seeing someone I love hurting. Thank you all so much for your caring concern and for the prayers, etc.