The Reason Why The English Do Not Speak German

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Tom Galty, May 22, 2019.

1. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Sorry again, Tom. I did not say that. That's an allegation. Look at my text and show me where I said that.
    Firstly, do you realise that I did not mention a specific year? You did. The year 1932 was mentioned in your link but not by me. I just appreciated the preliminary work done by the Poles and I said that Turing benefited from that. That's all I said. My post is still there to check that.
    Secondly, show me, please, where I wrote that the Poles "getting the enigma machine in 1932" won you "the war in 1940 with out any help from Bleachtly."? These are your words only. Where did I say "without (!) any help from Bletchley". This is another allegation.

I did not give the year 1932, you did. I'd never do that because cracking the code was a process stretching from 1932 to 1939 when the Poles' knowledge was passed on to Turing and his team who, based on that, developed his/their "bombe".
    Your quote about Marian Rejewski says that the Poles had managed to break the early pre-war German codes as early as 1932. But that was only the beginning. The code was not deciphered once and for all. Since German codes were constantly changed and refined breaking them was an ongoing task for the whole team at Bletchley. Based on the Pole's knowledge this was then predominantly done by Turing's team after 1939.
    The Poles had made a contribution, no more, no less. They did not "win you the war" but they helped Britain do that.

You might like to read this:
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science...debreakers-cracked-enigma-before-alan-turing/

Last edited: May 28, 2019
    Patsy Faye likes this.