The Rest Of Tonight

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Frank Sanoica, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

I am writing here at 8PM, wondering how I will feel at 2AM, 6 hours away, when my wife shakes me awake. She likely will sleep very little. I, otoh, cannot function well without adequate sleep. We must pull out of here at 2AM, bound for the airport in Vegas, where she will board a flight to IN to be with her Mother. Problematical is the fact that she has vacillated over getting her eyes examined, and now feels she must not drive at night. Great. I can't function without sleep, she can't drive while I do!.

The interval between now and 7AM tomorrow morning will tell the tale. Worst part: we rented a car for the drive to Vegas airport, to bypass possible trouble with our own very old conveyances; rental had one car left, a V-W Beetle. We picked it up this afternoon, drove it home. Worst of the many recently rented. The German engineers must have all emigrated there from Chevrolet Division!
    Frank

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

You really are in a panic about your wife going away for a while Frank aren't you...... why?.

.... you'll be fine.. you'll drive to the airport, you'll return from the airport and maybe catch a nap , your wife will get on the plane and be safe at her mothers'..you will be safe at home, ad enjoy the ability to get on and do some hobby stuff perhaps. Your wife will return, and you will have lots of new interesting stuff to chat about...marriage refreshed!!:D

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that @Frank Sanoica mentioned somewhere before that it is something like a 4-5 hour drive to the airport in Las Vegas from where they live, so it is not like he just has to hop in the car and zip down to a nearby airport. Then, after seeing his wife off on the plane (probably another few hours time), he has the 4 hour drive back home again, alone and exhausted.
    I don’t envy you this trip one bit, Frank, and sending prayers your way for a safe trip to the airport and back.
    Maybe it would have been worth it to leave earlier, and stayed in a motel near the airport overnight instead of the long overnight drive ?

4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Just think of it this way Frank:
    You have lived all these years getting ready for whatever may come and met each adventure that came upon you with at least a modicum of vigor. You are still alive and well which means you have defeated all comers so this new adventure is no different than the rest.

Come on Frank! You can do it!

Holly Saunders and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I understand Yvonne, it's not an easy trip 4 hours alone but I've done it many times in the past ( fortunately we're only 30 minutes now to an airport) but I've driven many hours alone and at night and exhausted after an 11 hour work day...

I hope you have a safe trip Frank and pull in somewhere safe and have a nap on your return journey if you start to feel tired

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Holly Saunders @Yvonne Smith
    How I cherish your comments of concern, and help, I cannot adequately convey. I started a new thread covering the day's events, before I came back to check responses. Sorry. All turned out well.........(until I stubbed my toe climbing into the pool!) :(
    Frank