The Stuff We Keep

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Bess Barber, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

Relocating motivated me to get rid of things I didn't need. In 2012, I moved 750 miles. I'd lived in the same place since my early twenties.
    I had a garage full of wood scraps, but still had plenty of room around my car. Everything was organized, but it was a relief to remove it.

I have a large garage here, but insects get on things and nothing stays clean for long.
    That never happened in my old garage. It was comfortable out there, except during extreme temps.

I now have 3 large lidded containers where I keep things I want, but don't need.

A while back when family visited, we were going to play Poker, but had no poker chips. I looked through my plastic boxes and found some large supplement bottles with small, medium and large, washed rocks - they worked as poker chips.

2. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I am not a hoarder but my mother sure was. I was over at my brothers place for lunch recently and he handed me two large bags and said sort these out please. Rummaging thru them I discovered they were remnants of hoarded stuff by my late mother. Now I admire her for keeping mine and brother's school pictures and report cards..I got quite a buzz reading how hopeless I had been in 4th class and got a chuckle from Mrs Fazell telling me to "concentrate more in class" but the other stuff like multitudes of travel pics from decades ago had to go. One other item I had to keep were pics from my parents early married days before we came along and shortly after. They were all ensconced neatly in a leather-bound album hand crafted by my father.
    In short, of the contents in those two huge carry bags.. I ended up dumping at least two thirds of my mother's hoarded "treasures".

Frank Sanoica likes this.